• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

got quote for some maint. for nc1

contacted my service advisor to inquire about some pricing on some routine maint with car being a 17 and having 7k on clock
4 filters =429
2 cabin filters
2 engine air filters
twin motor fluid service $269
Brake Fluid Service $259
waiting for price on coolant fluid change
synthetic oil change and filter change $725
I responded to agent and sent copy of my previous oil change at diff local dealer which was 350$ and said this 725 figure has to be error

seems everything but the old change seems reasonable , cabin and engine filters are expensive across the board all dealers

TMU fluid is dead simple to change, as long as you have access to the underside. Engine oil and filter change is also easy. Cabin air filters require removal of a bunch of items, plus you have to work inside the passenger footwell, but is straightforward.

The engine air filters are very easy, even for me, who would not attempt the other items. Be aware though that the air filters are not symmetrical. If I remember correctly the thicker portion of the air filter goes in 1st. The latches to lock the upper end of the air box to the bottom require some finger strength also. But this is very doable.

@docnsx any update on the coolant pricing and oil change price discrepancy?
kind of said there is no way that could change price on on labor but should be able todo something wiht price of materials even with resending the invoice from previous dealer I don't utilize anymore for tother reasons, as for the coolant he spoke to the tech and said it only should be done when the service "5" light is illuminated in service minder , idont know where that is but will talk on 17th when I bring in and settle all prices before I sign off and have it done as I don't want to bring back to dealer for while ( get all at once ) I will post final amounts and time needed when I get it don't on 17th

as for the coolant he spoke to the tech and said it only should be done when the service "5" light is illuminated in service minder , idont know where that is
It's the Maintenance Minder system that is in all new Hondas. It is described in your Owner's manual, and provides all the scheduled maintenance items and when they should be done.

Back