• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coronado Speed Festival

http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/coronadospeedfest.htm

Coronado speed fest is a vintage car race held on North Island NAS runways. Most fun you can have if you're into cars for $35 at the gate. There will be a car club corral with spots for NSX's. I have passes. Will send them to you if you private me with your address. Corral passes are free, BTW.

Speed fest is Sept 27 - 28, Sat and Sunday 8A to 4P. Note: dates on NSX Prime event calendar are off by one day... my fault.

Sounds like fun :smile: I will check my schedule. What day is the best if you can attend only one day? Saturday?

http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/coronadospeedfest.htm

Coronado speed fest is a vintage car race held on North Island NAS runways. Most fun you can have if you're into cars for $35 at the gate. There will be a car club corral with spots for NSX's. I have passes. Will send them to you if you private me with your address. Corral passes are free, BTW.

Speed fest is Sept 27 - 28, Sat and Sunday 8A to 4P. Note: dates on NSX Prime event calendar are off by one day... my fault.
Is saw a show on SPEED Vision about this (last year).
I was a Miramar guy in the 80s and WISH this had been going on...although I don't think North Island always appreciated Miramar types in their neck of the woods. :)

Sounds like fun. I might check this out on that Saturday if my work load is clear. :biggrin:

It really doesn't matter which day you attend the Coronado Speed Fest. Both Sat and Sun are the same format... practice by run group in the AM and racing in the PM by run group. The run groups are roughly by decade starting about 1920's open wheel racers and going thru 1970's Can Am cars. All cars run flat out even during practice so the spectical is roughly the same. Sunday is final race day with qualifying on Sat PM but as i said, the excitement level is the same. Sat usually has a bit smaller crowds. Pits are open both days. Midway booths are open both days. The choice is more your convenience than anything else.

Back