• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed Festival Oct 9-10 San Diego Club Corral Tickets

The San Diego historic races are once again being held on North Island NAS (Coronado, CA). Dates are Saturday Oct 9 & Sunday Oct 10. This is a classy event, well worth the effort to attend. For more info, go to http://www.pacificlifeholidaybowl.com/ .

NSX owners are invited to park in the car club corral as a group. The corral is the closest in parking area. If you are interested in receiving a free ticket, private me with your name and address at [email protected]. I need a final count by Sep 2.

Coronado Island is a great place to relax, hang out, and enjoy the beaches. Lets get together and head down there...anyone?

PoohBEAR said:
Coronado Island is a great place to relax, hang out, and enjoy the beaches. Lets get together and head down there...anyone?
I don't normally attend this Festival, but if enough of us decide to make it an NSX event, I'm definitely in. I can't miss NSX stuff that happens down here in San Diego. :D

-Randy

Caravan to Historic Race

An NSX rally to the historic races would be fun. Let's revisit the subject again when it gets closer to race time and the list of folks who plan on attending is clearer. I can envision starting, say, on the beaches of Oceanside near the pier and continuing down the coast road to Torrey Pines, then jumping on the freeway for the remainder of the run to Coronado.

Current count of those that have requested NSX Car Corral tickets for the San Diego Historic race is 7. I have ordered 12 tickets. First to claim them by privating me with their mailing address, gets them. ([email protected]). This is a fun event, trust me, it will be worth the effort.

Those that have requested tickets will receive them by mail when I recieve them. So far I have ticket requests from:
Mark J.
Mark A.
Paul T. (2 tickets)
Carl M.
Gary S.
Stewart B.

So, who's going when? Anyone taking their NSX? How do we know where to park? Is there an NSX only area?

I'll probably buy a ticket when I go on Sunday.

The car corral parking ticket cannot be purchased. Unfortunately, all of the ones I ordered have now been destributed.

For those that have corral tickets, you will be directed to the birds-of-a-feather location for NSX's by parking personnel. The first NSX to arrive begins the cluster. Note: you will still need to buy a ticket to the grandstands for the race.

My plan is to have breakfast at the Potato Shack in Encinitas, 120 W I St. http://www.encinitas101.com/potatoshack.htm at 9AM Saturday. There will be at least 2 NSX's and one Shelby Cobra there. All others are welcome to join me, have breakfast and caravan down the coast to the race venu.

Got the Car Club Corral Pass from you (Thanks!). I just didn't buy a ticket yet. Too bad I'm so busy lately because I could have gotten a two day ticket with corral pass for $12.50. It's $25 the day of the event at the gate with no option for a corral pass. Doh!

It was a fun event. Thanks for the parking pass Gary. Sorry I missed everyone on Saturday but did meet three other owners on Sunday.

BTW, if you didn't attend Sunday you didn't miss much, except for the Enzo.

There were 7 NSX's present on Saturday. Four of us carravaned down the coast that day. I also attended Sunday but concentrated on the pits and midway, which was neglected the previous day. Drove my Cobra Sunday so that's why we missed each other.

See you next year... same time... same place. It's a fun event for small $$

Back