• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal Cove type meet in San Diego

Sorry for the late notice.

San Diego Exotic Car Meet

If you know about the Crystal Cove Saturday morning car meet in Newport Beach, we are trying to create a similar event in San Diego.

Bring your car to the Carlsbad Outlet Mall, south side parking lot
near Starbucks, February 26th starting at 7:00am for an informal and
free car-guy get together. Swing by, bring your car, come see what
beautiful cars show up and meet their owners. We hope to attract
Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, NSXes, Hot Rods, Antique Vehicles, but all
cars are welcomed. We hope to make this a recurring monthly event so
please, we have to make sure everyone behaves like a gentleman, no
burnouts, no drag racing or any kind of exhibition of speed.

Directions:
From the Los Angeles Area:
Interstate 5 South, exit Palomar Airport Rd. and turn left to head
East. 1/2 block east of I-5, turn left at the first stop light onto
Paseo del Norte.

From San Diego:
Interstate 5 North, exit Palomar Airport Rd. and turn right to head
East. 1/2 block east of I-5, turn left at the first stop light onto
Paseo del Norte.

Even with heavy rain the night prior, last month's meet was a success. There were about 40 cars, including one NSX. We are anticipating more participants this coming Saturday as it was forecasted to be nice and sunny. A nice break from the crappy weather we've been having. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Here are some pictures of last month's meet.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46913

Raymond

cool...some of us can probably stop by on our way up to the demo in oc that day...that would be a good meeting spot for a caravan...I'll prolly checkit out for sure and spread the word. :biggrin:

RAYMOND!!!!!!!

What are you doing lurking on the NSX board - Lambo in the shop again?

What makes you think the OC guys want to tangle with southbound traffic so they can hang out in a parking lot with you on a Saturday morning? Try offering us a free breakfast or something - or - drive up to OC and hang with us. You can probably get a ride with one of the NSX guys whose car is sure to start and who can make the trip without having to call AAA.

DaveG

Dave...be niceeee :tongue:

DaveG said:
RAYMOND!!!!!!!

What makes you think the OC guys want to tangle with southbound traffic so they can hang out in a parking lot with you on a Saturday morning? Try offering us a free breakfast or something - or - drive up to OC and hang with us. You can probably get a ride with one of the NSX guys whose car is sure to start and who can make the trip without having to call AAA.

DaveG

That was my NSX. The + is that I got to drive there from OC, nice ride!

I have been planning to drive down there this weekend as well.

I'm meeting my friend (456 V12) off of Ortega exit at probably 6:45am? to drive down. Anyone intersted, chime in so I can give you the exact time and location

DaveG said:
RAYMOND!!!!!!!

DaveG

How are you loverboy?

I actually posted this to invite the SD guys. The OC guys usually attend the Crystal Cove event. However, if any of the OC guys want to do the morning drive they are more than welcome. There's usually no traffic that early in the morning. The invitation extends to all OC guys except YOU. We dont want any old man driving a jalopy red NSX in the meet. :)

Anyway, so you don't feel left out, drive your junk down here in SD and let's have dinner. Make sure you bring Barbara, otherwise you're having dinner on your own.

:biggrin:

91 X said:
cool...some of us can probably stop by on our way up to the demo in oc that day...that would be a good meeting spot for a caravan...I'll prolly checkit out for sure and spread the word. :biggrin:

That is a great idea. We usually leave the place by 8:45- 9:00 am. If you guys start heading to Meguiar's at 8:00-8:30 am you should make it there in time.

Enzo? Who wants to see an Enzo? :)

It was nice to see you again Randy, same goes for Conrad. For those SD old timers, I was pleasantly surprise to see Randy (Nakagawa?). We had a long chat about cars in general and we both concluded that of all the cars we have sold, we missed our NSXes the most. Both of us also agreed, Honda needs to bump up the power of the NSX to be competitive. Either that, or stay with 300 hp and reduce the weight by at least 500 lbs.

Hopefully, next time more of you guys will show up. You guys can even make the meet as a staging point for a morning spirited drive. That's what the Vette guys did.

Back