• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in San Diego

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up the car Friday from Scottsdale and drove it the 6hrs back to San Diego.

Here is a link to the car, as you can see I was the high bidder, however it did not meet the reserve. I was able to make a deal with the seller and the rest is history. (my bidding name is the same as here)

All the vin numbers for the database are in the pictures above from the auction I believe.

Attached is a photo from my driveway.

Looked forward to participating in this forum instead of just lurking as a outsider haha still super excited and stoked about having this car. Wanted one of these cars since I was a poor kid growing up in the 90s, always believing I would be able to buy one someday. A little side story, I had the chance to buy one in 2014 (when the prices were not crazy high yet) it was a 1998 yellow NSX for around 44k (I think) but I choose to buy my mom a new car instead. No regrets, but that would have been a amazing deal in retrospect haha.

Attachments

• IMG-8837.jpg
    IMG-8837.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you everyone!

It was a amazing drive except I went the speed limit because the car had no plates so I didn't want to give highway patrol any extra reason to pull me over haha (in Arizona and I think most states, the license plates stay with the owner)

Congrats on purchase! I have a similar story about wanting it since I was a poor kid in the 90s! Got mine a little over year ago. Went to Hawaii to get it! I’m in OC so hopefully we will cross paths sometime.

Thank you everyone!

It was a amazing drive except I went the speed limit because the car had no plates so I didn't want to give highway patrol any extra reason to pull me over haha (in Arizona and I think most states, the license plates stay with the owner)
HP might have thought you were in a new version chase vehicle. Stealthy! Congrats

Welcome to the club! We have a good number of NSX owners in San Diego, but are spread out through the county. From your driveway photo it looks like you are in North County which is where I live (Esco). Lots of nice drives to Palomar and Julian, etc.

Thank you for all the welcomes!

I actually live in spring valley, right at the end of the 94

It's funny, I haven't seen one NSX since I got this car haha

Similar topography for all those areas haha

On a separate question, not sure if I should ask here or somewhere else, but has anyone ever had issue passing smog, my NO emission is a little over max, 591 (549 is max). Any advice on how to pass?

Similar topography for all those areas haha

On a separate question, not sure if I should ask here or somewhere else, but has anyone ever had issue passing smog, my NO emission is a little over max, 591 (549 is max). Any advice on how to pass?
If you have not got a response on this I suggest posting in the Owner Discussion forum. You may also find some useful information by using the Prime search function with the terms 'smog check'. My initial reaction would be to check the operation of the EGR and make sure EGR passages are clean. The EGR valve may be opening; but, if the passages are plugged you are not getting the required dilution to drop the combustion temperature. Are you running stock tire sizes? The ECU applies EGR on the basis of engine RPM and MAP and anything that alters engine RPM may alter the applied EGR at a particular test speed. How are your HC numbers? If they are marginal then your cats may be approaching the end of their life.

Make sure that the cats are good and hot when you take them in for testing. Reaction efficiency is temperature dependent. The 2000+ NSXs have a system that fires air into the cats at start up for the express purpose of getting the cats up to operating temperature quickly.

Thanks for the reply @Old Guy !

I actually passed once I took it to place that knew what they were doing haha and all my results were no where below first shot.

I should have known when the dude kept asking me what was what haha

Back