• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

CT RR Sway Bar rubs against catalytic converter

UFO

Contributing Member
Installed Comptech front sway bar last night on a 95 NSX-T...difficult job but fit is good, no rubbing on battery tray or Type R bar.

Rear bar went in ok but it is contacting the catalyst. Any suggestions?

Edit: akira3D had spacers made in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40812&highlight=sway+bar

I will bring this up with Chris at SOS tomorrow.

Mike

Attachments

• NSXRRSwaycontact.gif
    NSXRRSwaycontact.gif
    67.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Shim the mounts with a 1/4" thick shim of aluminum stock. The 95-96 cars particularly have this interference issue.

HTH,
LarryB

My 04 had the same problem, I also installed the typr r front bars and I had even more rubbing. What I did was simple, following a suggestion of a fellow nsx prime member I bent the passenger side coolant line to avoid rubbing with the CT sway bar ONCE I HAD REMOVED THE SPACER that the factory installed to the front swaybar, I then used this spacer in the rear and voila! no more rubbing in front with CT sways and Type r bars, plus no rubbing in the rear with the cats. even better I used an OEm spacer.

Shim the mounts with a 1/4" thick shim of aluminum stock. The 95-96 cars particularly have this interference issue.

Interesting.....when I had my cats on and installed the Comptech anti-sway bars, I had no rubbing at all. Mine is a 95.

1/4" shims made and installed (35mmx90mmx1/4" alum stock, two 10mm dia holes spaced 60mm apart)...handling is flat and responsive. Can't wait to try it out at the OTC event at Willow Springs 3/16.

Thanks All!

Mike

Back