• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC fuel rails fun

I normal do act cautiously during repairs on her but have to report some 'victims' of my repairs I was not expecting.

Once the lower seal remained on the injector while removing the rails and I thought it was ok to remount it that way. No, it isn't. So I was wondering for one year why it ran a little bit rough at seldom circumstances. Lesson learned. I might even lost a little boost. So changing them is a hp mod. :)
20180319_135711.JPG

Later, while mounting the CTSC fuel rails again I've pushed mainly on the fuel rail which killed two bushing. Lesson learned again.
IMG_3720.JPG

Fiddling in the injectors in the rails even with engine oil is a nerve-consuming job...

Last but not least a CTSC fuel hose shows its age.
IMG_3721.JPG

At least, after starting it up the engine 'purrs like a cat' (others might say runs like champ :)).

Last edited:
Just to confirm before I order new fittings: what size are the fuel hose fittings? AN 6?
Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll see how they fit when they arrive in a few weeks.

Anytime, man. Don't forget to put sealant on the end that mates up against the fuel rail, and on both ends of the crossover hose (that connects the two rails). There was another thread on this a while back... lots of discussions on where to use sealant and where not! :) Conclusion - on the AN-6 ends with the tapered threads, no sealant should be used. on the rest of them (NPT) you have to use some sealant - tape or paste.

I've assembled a fuel hose today which was pretty easy with a straight AN-6 (45 deg and 90 deg will be take a little bit more effort) if you heat up the hose first to get the rubber soft. I didn't use any slippery agent (oil) or the like.

Back