• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC only giving me 3 PSI

Some pics of today.
Sourced the fitting and removed my AEM pressure sensor and installed temp fitting with new hose that will run into cabin.
IMG_20121010_122700.jpg

Ran through window since its a temp thing
IMG_20121010_122719.jpg

mechanical gauge im using for this test
IMG_20121010_122749.jpg

IMG_20121010_122739.jpg

Not in boost: 14.7
In boost: 11.2-11.7 recommended range

So, this is normal. Just make sure that you don't run into 12s in boost.

Thanks man, looks like its doing OK then. I will continue to run my car until I remove ctsc as long as AFR is safe.

:)

Thanks man, looks like its doing OK then. I will continue to run my car until I remove ctsc as long as AFR is safe.

:)
Did you twist the belt like i had suggested from the crank pulley to the alternator? The belt could be stretched and the adjustment screw on the tensioner does not make it much tighter

I will take a quick video because tension is subjective but I think its tensioned pretty tight.

BRB.

Your belt could still be stretched. I was only getting 4 to 5 psi on my SOS supercharger when I should have been getting 8 to 8.5. I tighten until it squealed on startup and still no change. I replaced the belt and put the proper tension and it was back to normal. Change your belt.

Last edited:
belt is only 6 months old, if that.

I have the tension ALL the way tight now, the screw is in all the way. Took it for a run and just a tad better. Not hitting PSI yet but its around 4.5 PSI (with my mechanical gauge, who knows what my AEM is reading right now but it was reading 3 when mechanical gauge was reading 4).

Anyways, I have a new gator belt on order because it looks like there is some chaffing on side of belt causing wear and dust on pulleys.

I will have my spare with me during the drive on sunday along with tools required to change in case something happens out there. Will be changing it afterwards.

Anyways, I have a new gator belt on order because it looks like there is some chaffing on side of belt causing wear and dust on pulleys.

I will have my spare with me during the drive on sunday along with tools required to change in case something happens out there. Will be changing it afterwards.
One more question for you. Do you have your cats in place? When i took mine off I lost some boost which is also common

When I saw your belt last time it wasn't in good shape. Glad you're getting a new one. Easy $2x spent to knock this off the list.

I will carry it as a spare until
1) after drive I can remove CTSC tension pulley to get polished since it has a rough mark on it when it snap off causing that wear.

2)If it snaps while driving I will have a spare but im hoping for option1.

Do you think the belt dust from that wear is causing it not to grip right and boost completly?

At this point I will not worry about it. then after drive I will have CTSC tension pulley re surfaced and new belt and try again.

I will carry it as a spare until
1) after drive I can remove CTSC tension pulley to get polished since it has a rough mark on it when it snap off causing that wear.

2)If it snaps while driving I will have a spare but im hoping for option1.

Do you think the belt dust from that wear is causing it not to grip right and boost completly?

At this point I will not worry about it. then after drive I will have CTSC tension pulley re surfaced and new belt and try again.
Again, I hate guessing but if I had to...

Your old belt was rubbing up against something. It chaffed the backside of about 2 ribs. As people mentioned, this belt is done. It's probably stretched and/or only properly gripping on 2-3 ribs. You shouldn't be able to max out the tensioner. Belts don't really shrink back like rubber bands. They just stretch and get weaker. For some reason I thought you had already replaced it from last time.

well I have new belt coming in. Honestly, I might skip calcoastal drive if it doesnt come in on time since I dont want to risk it. Tonight I plan on removing belt, removing pulley and resurface it. When new belt comes in I will install, otherwise I will have to skip in. Unless there is a local retailer that carries gator belt which I know of none.

OK, so the reason belt has chaffing is because in the past I had my CTSC tension pulley snap off causing surface damage. That surface damage was slowly eating away at the belt.

So today I removed pulley and resurfaced it. Looks good as new. Waiting for belt to come in on friday and will put new one in.

IMG_20121010_183115.jpg

Two years ago, whe we could not find a Goodyear belt anywhere quickly my wife got a Gates equivalent the next day thru her work. It has been on her car for 2 years and still looks new. If you want one quickly for Sundays drive, send me a PM and she will be more than happy to help.

I wouldn't skip an awesome, once a year drive, because of this! :smile:
I don't want to but I'm hoping belt shows up on Friday and swap if out that night.

Two years ago, whe we could not find a Goodyear belt anywhere quickly my wife got a Gates equivalent the next day thru her work. It has been on her car for 2 years and still looks new. If you want one quickly for Sundays drive, send me a PM and she will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for the offer buddy. I'm hoping it shows up on time. Les said he has a spare on so that's worst case scenario.

OK, so the reason belt has chaffing is because in the past I had my CTSC tension pulley snap off causing surface damage. That surface damage was slowly eating away at the belt.

So today I removed pulley and resurfaced it. Looks good as new. Waiting for belt to come in on friday and will put new one in.

IMG_20121010_183115.jpg

Hi Adrian,

How did you resurface the pulley?

Thanks,

Steve

Back