• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

CTSC with AEM tuned at Autowave

I wanted to thank Michael and Shane at Autowave for doing a great job on tuning my CTSC with the AEM. They also installed a Wallbro fuel pump, 550cc injectors, new plugs and the CT air filter. My 92 with 108,000 now gets 368rwhp and 275ftlbs of torque. It nicely rips thru the gears and the AFR is flat as a board at 12.0. I am sorry about not writing earlier but I cannot seem to get the scanned images to be accepted by the server. Thanks again to Autowave for the great work.

Rod

HotRod said:
I wanted to thank Michael and Shane at Autowave for doing a great job on tuning my CTSC with the AEM. They also installed a Wallbro fuel pump, 550cc injectors, new plugs and the CT air filter. My 92 with 108,000 now gets 368rwhp and 275ftlbs of torque. It nicely rips thru the gears and the AFR is flat as a board at 12.0. I am sorry about not writing earlier but I cannot seem to get the scanned images to be accepted by the server. Thanks again to Autowave for the great work.

Rod

This is what I want to hear! 12.0 is awesome. I wonder what the A/F Ratio would be with just the AEM (no new fuel pump or injectors)

I was at 14:1 with the CTSC 6lb 4th Gear before we shut it down because they said my A/F was running too lean :(

maynard said:
Is this the 9lb ct? I assume it is with the 550's and that much hp. Hopefully AEM has something for my TBW soon.

They sound like 9lbs #'s for a 92 NSX to me.

Yes, this is the highboost. I believe that Michael at Autowave told me that my car was running at about 7.5 lbs of boost. I also have the CT headers and exhaust and 4.235R&P and Short gears. The thing I feel most about the new changes that Autowave has done is that the Torque is up substantially. On the Dynopacks my car got about 250ftlbs, now I'm up about 25 ftlbs on the DynoDynamics dyno.

The reason why I went to the AEM was to cure some of AFR issues which existed when only the CT fuel management system was used. You could literally eat off the new AFR graph it is so flat. Fortunately for me, Autowave was able to clean up the peaks and valleys and get things running safely and efficiently.

Rod

Hi Rod-

Congrats....Autowave did a good job w/ my setup as well. As you already know it is VERY similar to yours. Do you have any idling issues w/ the AEM esp. after a drive...i.e. a warm startup?

Thx

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

You know I really haven't felt like their were any idling issues so far. Michael had just asked me to turn the ignition switch on for a second before turning the car over. Other than that, the car has seemed idle well whether hot or cold. The only other thing that might have effected the cold start is that I had installed a new battery in the car just a couple of months ago.

Rod

Back