• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom Fiberglass Sub Box Installed!

Finally got my custom sub box in. :D I had it moulded to the floor just up to the air vent, a bit of loss in leg room, but I can always remove it for the long trips for the passanger. I used a Infinity Perfect 10.

See my new gallery here on Prime for some pictures:

Click Here

Looks cool.

To improve the sound quality in my car I just removed the engine cover.. ;)

D'Ecosse said:
Mine is in the works!
Did you measure the volume of it before you installed the speaker?

Yep I had my friend who owns a stereo shop here fabricate the box. We made a fiberglass mould of the floor, and used 1/2 inch MDF on the front to mount the sub to. The sub weighs around 30pounds so need something stong to mount to. We then used the mould to figure out the Cubic Feet, off the top of my head I believe it was around 0.7~0.8cu. It was perfect for the Infinity Perfect 10.1" in a very small sealed box. He finished it in vynl to match the factory leather, looks great. I also have a chrome cover that protects the sub, and I will make it stealth with carpet to keep it out of sight. It does sound very good, I'm very impressed with the sound quality and loudness, and the cone and basket is Aluminum!

I also have the headunit changed, and practically rewired the car. It was worth all the time and effort to get rid of the old Bose crap. Now I've got MP3/WMA/DVD/VCD/CD/Navigation etc. I also installed Infinty 6.5 reference series components in the doors. See my Web page Click Here for more pictures.

Last edited:
why didnt you put it in the stock sub hole BELOW the footwell?

WOODY said:
why didnt you put it in the stock sub hole BELOW the footwell?

In order to use the 10" Sub it needs almot more mounting depth. The box I had made is moulded to the floor where the Bose resided before. I also needed to get as close to 0.9cu for the sealed box to sound correct. You wind up loosing a bit of leg room, but I haven't had any complaints from my Girlfriend or other people. Well unless you like 6ft or so tall ;)

As for the quality of the sound, it sounds amazing, I'm very impressed. I want to upgrade my Sub Amp as it only puts out 80~100Watts RMS. The sub is rated at 1400Watt Peak and 350RMS.

7225IMG_0850-med.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a legroom issue for passengers, especially on a long trip I'm thinking? Sound must be great, just wondering about the trade-off.

coolnsx said:
Is there a legroom issue for passengers, especially on a long trip I'm thinking? Sound must be great, just wondering about the trade-off.

Its hard to tell from the picture but there is leg room. For far trips the box can be removed in about 5~10mins for OEM room.

Back