• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Customized enclosure in the Trunk

Guys, I'm brand new to this and I've been researching the heck out of the NSX's...So, before you flame me to oblivion I ask for your mercy.

I'm in the market for an NSX, and I have an existing system with which I want to work. Alpine type R 6.5" fronts with tweets and 6x9's along with two 12" subs and a V12 amp...I'm changing the head unit, so it's not important.

However, my question is this; After searching the forum for an explanation of sub locations and configurations, I've come up with one thing. The passenger floorboard. Now obviously this isn't going to accomodate two 12s or even one, but I was wondering why no one uses the available space in the trunk. Has it even been tried? Or is it simply dismissed due to the mid-engine setup of the NSX?

I'm basically looking for any expertise on the trunk setup. No need for lectures on getting something else and using the floorboard. All I want to know is will it work worth a poo, or should I just scrap the idea and go with something else.

Thanks for your patience with my ignorance of this subject.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Depends on who you want to hear your subs - yourself or the people you pass on the street?
Can't see the practicality of subs in an NSX trunk at all. I also really don't see 6 x 9 rear speakers in the cabin either: there's no place for those readily available. If there is, they'll be really close to your head unlike a sedan.
My recommendation, just spend the savings on a really quality pair of components in the doors and a single 10" max sub in the pass footwell, assuming you can custom make a box designed to accommodate it and you are prepared to give up a little leg room from stock.

nekedboy said:

I'm basically looking for any expertise on the trunk setup. No need for lectures on getting something else and using the floorboard. All I want to know is will it work worth a poo, or should I just scrap the idea and go with something else.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This isn't meant to be a flame or anything, but you do realize that there's an ENGINE between you and the trunk when you're sitting in an NSX, right? :D

Re: Re: Customized enclosure in the Trunk

cxr344 said:
This isn't meant to be a flame or anything, but you do realize that there's an ENGINE between you and the trunk when you're sitting in an NSX, right? :D
That might add some bass tones though. :D

Back