• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali chip or NOS?

I'm getting some new performance mod for my NSX, but I don't know which one I should go with. Yes I know NOS is the best for that $$ but it's not good for the engine if use it often. Dali chip sounds good but i also heard you can only feel a tiny difference from the chip. For those of you have NOS, how much did you guys pay for the NOS?

NOS will give you more bang for the buck than any other engine/performance modification known to mankind. The main fear that people have with NOS is that it will cause engine damage over time. This can only happen if the car is tuned in a lean condition. Any dyno tech can provide you with a air/feul ratio chart for your engine during a dyno run. This will assure that you have your car properly jetted to prevent a lean condition. The commonly used NOS kits for the NSX are 70 rear wheel HP kits and they sell for about $1,300. This is a true bolt on kit that does not require any internal modifications whatsoever. There is a new kit available that also provides 70 rear wheel HP, is specially designed for the NSX and is a true bolt on kit. This kit is available for $950 and has all the same features as the aforementioned kit that sells for considerably more dinero. To get more info about it email [email protected] or [email protected] With the money you save on the NOS kit, you can buy the Dali chip too and have the best of both worlds!!! This kit on an otherwise stock '94 5 speed ran in the quarter mile 12's at the track. This same car dyno'd 300 rear wheel hp and 269lb/ft of torque...pretty impressive in my book!

Back