• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior Dali or Source 1 Seat Cushion

I’m 6’3” and would really like to purchase one of these cushions so I can have some extra headspace. Don’t want to cut my existing cushion foam so one of these cushions would be perfect. Thanks.

I actually tried to duplicate a Dali seat cushion so I could have on for my passenger/instructor. No interior shop around me could/would cut the foam though.

I actually tried to duplicate a Dali seat cushion so I could have on for my passenger/instructor. No interior shop around me could/would cut the foam though.

I called a local upholstery shop and they said they could possible cut the cushion, but they would have to see it first.

You could bring them your OEM cushion then and tell them to make a copy that is much thinner.

Last edited:
After you all trimmed the foam cushion, did you have to trim any of the leather seat cover that wraps around the sides? I assume there will be excess leather on the sides. Also, did you just use velcro to keep the seat cushion in place after it was covered and trimmed?

After you all trimmed the foam cushion, did you have to trim any of the leather seat cover that wraps around the sides? I assume there will be excess leather on the sides. Also, did you just use velcro to keep the seat cushion in place after it was covered and trimmed?

No trimming of the leather. On one side I was able to use hog clips to tightening things up. I then used a Velcro strap to tighten the two sides together.

Back