• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Damaged goods from gxauto

I purchased a hood from gxauto that was damaged upon arrival. It started by me sending him the money through Paypal and he shipped the item. I did not even open the box prior to contacting him for further instructions once I noticed that it was damaged. In my opinion, the hood was either damaged due to inadequate packing, mishandled, or both. I sent him pictures of the damage before and after opening the box. He asked me to get an estimate for repairing the hood, which I spent time doing. After relaying the repair cost to him, he agreed to have me just return the item and he would refund the purchase price of the hood and the return shipping cost. I contacted him regarding the cost ($250.00) of shipping the item back to him via email on 3/27/08. I wanted to verify that he would cover this high amount of the return delivery charge since I was already out the amount paid for a damaged item. To date, I have left him numerious emails, voice messages, and filed a complaint through Paypal, without a response or refund. Does anyone know the status of this person? Maybe he has had a mishap or something? Matt

Back