• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC-area machine shop

I would have thought Ben would have a "go-to" guy for this sort of thing? If he doesn't I would reach out to larry/brian@source one and see where they recommend sending it.

Ben's usual shop doesn't necessarily have experience putting TimeSerts in the NSX block, so I figured I would ask around. The more I learn about it, though, the more it seems pretty routine for a respectable machine shop.

Ah I see. Try to find a shop with experience doing it on aluminum blocks perhaps?

Yea I think that's the thing. Interestingly I was talking to Dan Benson yesterday about resleeving and he is not a fan of TimeSerts. His point is that the TimeSerts still go into aluminum so there is nothing fundamentally better. He agreed that the increased thread size is something of a factor but didn't like removing material and didn't think that with my boost level I would need it. Very nice guy.

Back