• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.


16 September 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Deleting my clutch damper and purchased the POLE-2-FLAG flex hose. It looks REALLY nice, however adding a second flex hose is not as good simply making a new "jumper" line. To make sure i don't get galvanic corrosion from different materials, ideally i should use the exact same material and fittings as OE. Anyone know what that material is? Are the sizes metric? Is the material available stateside? My thinking is to get the materials and perhaps take them to a local hydraulics shop who does perfect double flares, like my local Kubota repair shop or hydraulic parts supplier. Any thoughts appreciated. I will follow up post completion with dimensions.
When looking at the clutch delete i saw the best route for this mod was to completely delete the whole damper, but this required a hard line going from a 10 mm fitting to a 12 mm fitting. While somewhere is this world that 12 mm male fitting that fits the 3/16/4.8mm line may exist, i couldn't find it. The nsx lines follow the american standard of 3/16" (4.8mm) and 1/4". The lines are steel with a plastic coating both inside and out. So i popped for the NSX-R damper. What started my issue was my OE line going into the slave flex hose froze. While trying to save that hard line i cut off the flex hose fitting and got a bit too close into the flare(ouch)thus needing a repair/or new hard line which is not availble any more. While i first thought this could be repaired by simply cutting back the OE line and putting on a new fitting, my local big time ferrari/lambo restore shop said they could not do it and made me a totally new copper/nickel hose that was a peice of shit. So i purchased a better flare kit than i had from summit racing and set out to simply shorten the OE line and install a new flare/fitting. I had to grind one end of the "clamp dies" to shorten the clamping length and straightening the OE line which as much as possilbe. I was told that was not possible with steel lines, but it was. While i did not have to go there, i did purchase a hard line from NAPA to practice on which was 4.8mm/3/16" material exactly like our OE. Lesson is unlike popular belief an OE hard line can be "unbended" and "rebended". I now have a proper OE R setup. I saved one half pound on this mod which could have possibly been a half pound more or so, but i'm happy to get this done.
Nice job! I also did the R delete and used all new OEM hard lines to avoid the terror or re-flaring and bending the lines. :)