• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer can't do Alignment on Stock / Toyo wheels ??

Goodson Acura here in Dallas told me that they couldn't align my car because of the tires I've got on it. I've got a '97 with Chromed '00 wheels and Toyo T1-S tires. They're using Hunter equipment and said that they couldn't put the sensors on.

The sensors are mentioned in the FAQ as being put on the rims. How do the sensors attach? Are there other shops or alignment machines that can do a good job if the Hunter one cannot? I coulnd't find anything in the FAQ to indicate that the tires would cause problems, but I guess if the sensors go right next to the tires, they might be an issue.

I used tire sizes that I found in the FAQ -- stock size on rear, alternate size on front.

------------------
97 Monte Carlo Blue / Onyx
99 Mercedes ML320
92 Infiniti G20

The TOYO T1-S Proxes have a Rim Protector in the lower sidewall, which is meant to guard expensive wheels from scratches and abrasions.

This also creates a deeper lip, which makes it more difficult to grab hold of the wheel (to attach the alignment doo-hickey).

Most ACURA dealers can do this OK with OE 16/17 wheels... some MAY have problems withm(aftermarket) 18" rears.

Back