• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Developed a missfire suddenly / TI dave bbk

Good morning Prime!

Well... once you fix one thing something else always seems to pop up on older cars right?

Developed a misfire today while driving to work after driving completely fine yesterday. My first suspicion is water since it rained like it hasn't rained in a while during a massive downpour yesterday.

Currently I have the coil covers off due to all the recent work I've been doing on the car. So that's what I'll check first, to see if any water has seeped down into the spark plug boot. Nevertheless, I ordered 3 new OEM coils and a Fuel Filter today because it's time to do the filter anyways and I couldn't pass up the price on the coils due to a warehouse closure. 25$ a pop for each coil, but they only had 3. If it isn't just water I'll give you guys an update. hopefully all my problems can help someone in the future!

Also I plan on doing a write up on installing the Acura TL BBK. I already have the kit installed (2 weeks now) and need to remove them to make some changes that weren't noted when I was sold the kit. One of the rotors has a slight warp so I'm confident I can have both re turned 10,000s of an inch or so to remove the wobble. So when I remove them I'll do a small DIY on what I did to install them in an afternoon. I also went ahead and ordered Stop Tech steel braided lines for all four corners.

the other thing is, with this kit, the heat shields (at least on a 91 NSX) have to be filed down a bit due to the rotors just barely contacting the heat shield. So they can either be filed or have a very small piece cut form the shields where they contact the lower control arm. Or you can remove the shields all together, but not my personal preference. Cheers!

Where did you find the coils at $25 each?

Rockauto.com

The only thing about this site is you can get really cheap parts that won't last, or you can get some pretty high dollar stuff. For example, when looking for brake rotors (stock replacement) the prices range form 20$ a rotor all the way up to Stop Tech drilled / slotted rotors. They have a lot of parts for the 91 NSX but as the years rise parts become less common. Cheers!

Thanks I picked up a couple coil packs as spares in the past from Rock Auto as closeouts. They came in different branded boxes, but were the OEM coil packs down to the last dimple and markings on the pack.

I've used RockAuto for various things on my other (more common) cars.

Back