• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

DF rear fitment

r71

Contributing Member
Anyone run into this? The sides I can live with, but the center's gonna need some work.

Attachments

• 20121109_100127.jpg
    20121109_100127.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 20121109_100058.jpg
    20121109_100058.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 20121109_100043.jpg
    20121109_100043.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 223
  • 20121109_100050.jpg
    20121109_100050.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 227
Mines like that too. The sides fit really good, but the center sticks out a bit like in your pictures. My car is black, so it is much less noticeable and blends in together, but if I sell my car and buy another NSX, I'll go OEM for the rear valance if I don't already get an 02+

Mine is the same. I hate it.

Oem ftmfw!!

Mines WAS like that too until I got my body shop guy to fix it before it got painted :wink:.

Not the best picture but you can see that it fits pretty nice :smile:

IMG_01882.JPG

Downforce makes some nice looking product BUT their fittment just sorry to say, SUKS :frown:! If on they would put more effort on making the fitment to fit like oem everyone will not hesitate to buy :wink:

Originally I thought the body guy that installed the rear valence was an idiot for Leaving a 1 cm gap. I had zero idea it was a fitment issue

Originally I thought the body guy that installed the rear valence was an idiot for Leaving a 1 cm gap. I had zero idea it was a fitment issue
did you get a nsx already, if so let us seee it already:smile:

Everytime you mess with fiberglass parts you always want to test fit it first before taking it to the shop to get painted. If you see something that doesnt fit right let the body guy know so he can fix it before they start getting it ready for paint :wink:.

Downforce makes some nice looking product BUT their fittment just sorry to say, SUKS :frown:! If on they would put more effort on making the fitment to fit like oem everyone will not hesitate to buy :wink:

This is the first time I've ever heard of or read a complaint about a downforce rear valance.

I wouldn't say their fitment sucks, just not perfect, and I'm sure it's better than some of the other aftermarket counter parts.

To recap they had problem with their 02 nsx-r version 1 "again probably fit better than most though"

And that's the only other part I've ever heard a complaint about and that apparently was fixed with a version 2 hood. Maybe their stacy skirts don't fit exact but like I said previously they probably fit just like any aftermarket items.

Maybe I'll change my view when I do my 02 stuff that's all from downforce but until then these are the only two items that have fitment issues. To say the fitment all "sucks" I think is a stretch.

This is the first time I've ever heard of or read a complaint about a downforce rear valance.

I wouldn't say their fitment sucks, just not perfect, and I'm sure it's better than some of the other aftermarket counter parts.

To recap they had problem with their 02 nsx-r version 1 "again probably fit better than most though"

And that's the only other part I've ever heard a complaint about and that apparently was fixed with a version 2 hood. Maybe their stacy skirts don't fit exact but like I said previously they probably fit just like any aftermarket items.

Maybe I'll change my view when I do my 02 stuff that's all from downforce but until then these are the only two items that have fitment issues. To say the fitment all "sucks" I think is a stretch.

It SUKS because you pay all this money for it and then you have to pay the body shop more money just to make it fit correctly on top of that you have to pay to get it painted. Time is money. I bought numbers of DF parts and not one parts fits right. It need extra time and money to make it right. I had fitment issue with DF TCRC side skirt, DF Stacy side skirts with door sills, DF Wide front fenders and DF 02 rear valance. I did get all the parts to fit nice but i had to pay a price to make it happen. So yea, it SUKS! I been there and done that so I know :wink:.

Sorry to say it but it is what it is :biggrin:.

It SUKS because you pay all this money for it and then you have to pay the body shop more money just to make it fit correctly on top of that you have to pay to get it painted. Time is money. I bought numbers of DF parts and not one parts fits right. It need extra time and money to make it right. I had fitment issue with DF TCRC side skirt, DF Stacy side skirts with door sills, DF Wide front fenders and DF 02 rear valance. I did get all the parts to fit nice but i had to pay a price to make it happen. So yea, it SUKS! I been there and done that so I know :wink:.

Sorry to say it but it is what it is :biggrin:.

Yeah, but I hope you know that ALL aftermarket body parts are going to have fitment issues. If you're worried about spending money on fitment and aftermarket parts don't buy them because they all need to be adjusted to some extent, or learn to do it yourself. Like I said before, to say DF fitment sucks you might as well be saying "all aftermarket part fitment sucks" because if your complaining about DF, then you'll be complaining about how another aftermarket company fits.

Yeah, but I hope you know that ALL aftermarket body parts are going to have fitment issues. If you're worried about spending money on fitment and aftermarket parts don't buy them because they all need to be adjusted to some extent, or learn to do it yourself. Like I said before, to say DF fitment sucks you might as well be saying "all aftermarket part fitment sucks" because if your complaining about DF, then you'll be complaining about how another aftermarket company fits.

Of course I know that. Im not scared of spending money on aftermarket parts. Like I said "You play you pay". I been working on cars and things like this for a very long time. I know. Im just saying! Their fitment SUKS! Im telling you how it is.I didnt say I wouldn't buy their parts. So I dont know what is the problem here. I buy I exsperience I know and I'm just saying :confused:.

Unfortunately I found this out the hard way. After getting the DF-R spoiler I was impressed with the fitment and went the DF route when converting to the 02 style side skirts and rear valence. I was able to get a better then average fitment due to a quality body guy. However if I could do it again I would have sprung for OEM parts. My rear valence fitment is the same as posted above. Eventually I will get around to fixing it. Its not like people notice it but it bothers me every time I hand wash the car.

Caroline's seems to fit well.

Last edited:
Anyone run into this? The sides I can live with, but the center's gonna need some work.

I have. I don't know if you have a good body shop or not but body guy will need to grind that area down, fill it, block it etc..there is more, body guy will need to also grind a lil on the back side where the the df valence slide on the upper valence. That will help the valence to sit in a little better too. After that you might want to check to see if the wholes line up the wholes that where the bolts goes to bolt the two piece together. Im pretty sure they are off. Hope this help.

lol i wish! but have been test driving all kinds (newer and even the older ones); as well as 997s (to keep my wife happy)

if i get one i hope to have car built by summer season (going to snow very soon where i live); and if i dont get one by then ill likely never and will got the p-car route. then ill have a nsx fire sale of parts.

did you get a nsx already, if so let us seee it already:smile:

i think the issue why some people are upset is because DF is advertised and/or has the reputation of quality aftermarket parts where the fitment is 'perfect' or close to oem.

i'm pretty sure ive seen ads either on the df website and or on prime where they say 'perfect fitment'; which is why those who buy the parts expect that level of advertised quality.

Lol what rare parts you have hiding btw

Nothing super rare. New kwv3 and 2 sets of Advan 17/18 (one was for me origjnally) etc etc etc

I find it Hilarious how many ppl have asked for dibs thus far)

Last edited:
i think the issue why some people are upset is because DF is advertised and/or has the reputation of quality aftermarket parts where the fitment is 'perfect' or close to oem.

i'm pretty sure ive seen ads either on the df website and or on prime where they say 'perfect fitment'; which is why those who buy the parts expect that level of advertised quality.

As for the valance, like many people here said.. go OEM. OEM 02+ valance is about $764 (acuraoemparts) while DF rear valance is about $650 (see SOS). Body work needed for the DF would run you close to $100 if not more so this becomes a no brainer. OEM urethane or aftermarket fiberglass? which would you choose for the same price in the end. DF is a great alternative if you can get a deal on it, a very good deal.

Last edited:
Back