• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY: Pop-Up Headlight Replacement (91-01)

This video teaches you how to replace your 1991-2001 Acura/Honda NSX Headlight glass assembly. It's super easy and only requires a 10mm socket wrench & a Phillips screwdriver.

OEM Part Numbers:
-Headlight Assembly, Right: 33100-SL0-A04
-Headlight Assembly, Left: 33150-SL0-A04

Tools Required:
-10mm Socket Wrench (preferably 1/4" Drive
-)Phillips Screwdriver

Optional:Tape & Towel for paint protection

0:00 - Introduction
0:32 - Remove Headlight Cover
1:48 - Remove Headlight Assembly
2:57 - Install Headlight Assembly
3:48 - Install Headlight Cover

Note that the NSX came from the factory with small clips (body colored covers) on the 2 outboard screws. You can see them in the SM pages early in the video. These are still available from amayama & the like. I replaced mine, but in hindsight, it's of questionable benefit since the headlights are only up at night, & you can't see the screw holes then anyway. If the clips are still there, they can be a nuisance to remove so I can see why people don't bother replacing them.

Important note: after you've attached the retractor covers, check the retractor operation with the hood down as well. There is a lot of potential adjustment on the retractor cover locations. On both mine & a friend's, there was a fair amount of adjustment required to avoid rubbing the retractor cover on the hood near the inboard upper corner.

Last edited:
Back