• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you prefer electric or traditional razors?

Not knowing if I will like it, I just bought this at Walmart for under $10.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jY4DKdXB7sQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tried if for my first time ever and LOVED it. I'm rubbing my face all day since it feels so dam soft.

Now I'm wondering why I never used this from the beginning instead of that Edge or shaving gel.

Keys to a good shave. Exfoliate at least twice a week. Use one of the new multi-blade systems. No need for a shave cream as most of these systems have a lubricant coating on the blade. Use a balm when done. Fini!

Microscopic picture of a hair cut with a straight edge razor (left) and one cut with an electric razor (right):

ku-xlarge.jpg

I use an electric razor just because its convenient. I have no urge to rub my face all day long.

Batmans - You're asian. Can you even grow a beard?

Microscopic picture of a hair cut with a straight edge razor (left) and one cut with an electric razor (right):

ku-xlarge.jpg

Awesome pictures of human hair..... how do prevent hair split. I am not talking about split ends... it splits in the middle of the hair shaft. What condition is that and what is the treatment? BTW, Off the topic

Traditional for me. All the electric razors I've tried even the really high dollar ones don't shave as well and leave me with shaving rash.

Awesome pictures of human hair..... how do prevent hair split. I am not talking about split ends... it splits in the middle of the hair shaft. What condition is that and what is the treatment? BTW, Off the topic

You must be the race in the middle:

hair_types_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I use a traditional razors on my balls. They make them smooth as eggs.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DxeO-4lIpL8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No one can resist them.

- - - Updated - - -

I use an electric razor just because its convenient. I have no urge to rub my face all day long.

Batmans - You're asian. Can you even grow a beard?

No wonder you look like a wildabeast.

* East Asian hair has twice the diameter and a much thicker cuticle than Caucasian hair. Most hair types have around five layers of cuticles while East Asian hair has closer to ten.
* East Asian hair grows faster than Afro-Caribbean or Caucasian hair at a record rate of 1.3 cm a month, and it also has the longest cycle of growth, lasting up to nine years compared to the average two to seven years.

So my Katana and Tanto won't do.

I've been using the Walmart Shaving Soap for a bunch of years now. With a badger hair brush to lube up, I get a close, clean shave with my Gillette M3 razor blades.

I use a Norelco shaver on the weekdays, but it is nowhere near as close a shave, just a quicker way to clean up for work.

Miner

Interesting poll Bat.
If I've got the time I use a razor when I'm shaving in the shower- makes the beard easy to shave.
If not (which is usually the case since I play soccer and softball on weeknights and stay out later than I should - nothing good happens after 10:00 according to my wife) I grab my shaver and shave on the way to work.
So I guess I'm bi.
Bi-shavual... :rolleyes:

with a blade in the shower is the only way to go and do you guys get the 'King of Shaves' gels and oils give them a shot the oils are real slippery i am sure they could have more use than just one application....

$(KGrHqF,!gsE0vv1DUM+BNwfIjV5pg~~_35.JPG

I use something similar to this when I have time. Shave is super close which I prefer. Electric is when I don't have time.

Last edited:
I currently use a Gillette Pro Fusion but starting to look at safety razors.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Safety-Razors_c_8.html

Heard they give you a closer shave and blades aren't as expensive. The downsize is you'll need to invest in shaving brushes and real shaving cream (not those gel type). Of course you can go the whole 9 yards - pre-oil, shaving bowl, shaving stand, styptic pencil, aluminum block, etc...

Ultimate shaver: straight edge.

$(KGrHqF,!gsE0vv1DUM+BNwfIjV5pg~~_35.JPG

I use something similar to this when I have time. Shave is super close which I prefer. Electric is when I don't have time.

Something about a straight razor with the name "Sanguine" just doesn't sound right to me. Blood and razor is a bad combination.

I have been trimmed by barbers using straight razors and I'm not convinced they do a better job than the current crop of 3, 4 or 5 blade razors. Perhpas under the right conditions of a steady hand and such they do a good job, but seems to be way to unsafe. Think Gene Hackman in Mississippi Burning!

Miner

I got eshave products as a gift and have been using them exclusively for years.

*Badger Hair Brush
*Pre-shave Oil (almond)
*Shaving Cream (white tea)
*Mach3
*Shaving Lotion (white tea)

I've converted most of my family and all of the women. The holdouts is my grandpa. Doesn't want to spend the $$.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZUG9qYTJMsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...

I use the art of shaving kit. I love it, but it is a little pricey. Since I work at home I don't shave very often anymore.

Heard they give you a closer shave and blades aren't as expensive. The downsize is you'll need to invest in shaving brushes and real shaving cream (not those gel type). Of course you can go the whole 9 yards - pre-oil, shaving bowl, shaving stand, styptic pencil, aluminum block, etc...

I used to use a safety razor. Hated it, only time I ever got razor burn. I can usually dry shave with a newer razor and no amount of cream would stop that safety razor from tearing me up.

I have a Norelco of some sort that shaves even closer than my Fusion. I still prefer not to shave at all though and have my manliness explode through my face.

news flash.........hair conditioner works as well as those expensive dedicated shaving lotions/potions.

I used to use electric razors too but then I read safety razors make your skin smooth for longer period indeed. And this one is classic!

Back