• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does your insurer provide HPDE coverage?

Does your insurance cover HPDE?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
After seeing so many posts where people "believe" that all insurance companies cover HPDE track events I thought it would prove beneficial to start a thread encouraging everyone, not just track rats, to read your policies. This would cause everyone to be able to make informed decisions about whether to accept the risk of a track event as well as provide information to others who may wish to switch carriers in order to have coverage.

Insurers DO NOT have to advise you that your exclusionary language has been changed to specifically exclude HPDE. I used to have such coverage with Allstate but as of January of this year Allstate DOES NOT cover HPDE. I think there are many people who mistakenly assume their coverage has not changed because someone told them they are covered. Do not even rely upon your underwriter because they may not understand the actual policy language.

For example, for years I had anticipated losing coverage and periodically checked with the underwriter who told me I never had coverage when all along I did. You must be familiar with your individual policies and check the exclusions for the specific language. Most companies now exclude ALL driving on a track regardless of whether it is a "timed event" or a "speed contest", the catch phrases in older policies.

Please check your policies and post here the name of your carrier and what coverage they provide so we can keep all the track rats informed of what risks they are actually taking when they participate in HPDE.

I've never heard of any regular insurance covering HPDE or autocross. If there was I'm sure everyone would switch to them.

I've never heard of any regular insurance covering HPDE or autocross. If there was I'm sure everyone would switch to them.

At one time they all did, although they didn't realize it. Policies had exclusions for timed events or speed contests but no express exclusion for HPDE. It was only in the last several years that carriers took notice of what we were doing and began rewriting the exclusionary language. This includes Allstate who provided coverage for me for the last 6 years and only began excluding it in January of this year.

I don't know the circumstances or the carrier but I am in the process of shipping ~$25K in parts to Germany for a customer that had a little mishap on the track. His insurance is covering it.
BTW, the car is valued @ $175k:eek: ....before the mishap

I personally carry Allstate(I don't know why) but I never track my car so I don't have to worry about it.

Back