• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't know if this vid has ever been posted b4

Thanks for the video!

So that is why the rear tires on the NSX only last 10k miles.
wink.gif

man...I really hate to be the stickler here...but that was cool why?

There are alot of online clips like this popping up lately and after the first revolution and spin I wonder why they keep doing this? Does it take alot of control or something? I mean really...am I missing the clinch here? Sorry...didn't meant to throw a negative spin (no pun intended) on the post.

Originally posted by scottjua:
Does it take alot of control or something?

I guess if you're not careful, something like <a href="http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~wooda/pix/upatree.asf">this</a> could happen.

Originally posted by scottjua:
man...I really hate to be the stickler here...but that was cool why?

There are alot of online clips like this popping up lately and after the first revolution and spin I wonder why they keep doing this? Does it take alot of control or something? I mean really...am I missing the clinch here? Sorry...didn't meant to throw a negative spin (no pun intended) on the post.

I found the driver's ability to keep the car on this relatively narrow strip of pavement while doing repetative doughnuts in both directions to be fairly impressive. If you watch closely you'll notice that the back tires come within a foot or two of the pavements edge without ever slipping off. I give the guy a thumbs up for car control!

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:

I found the driver's ability to keep the car on this relatively narrow strip of pavement while doing repetative doughnuts in both directions to be fairly impressive.

Uhh... unless I missed something, he only went clockwise.

Originally posted by galvatron:
I guess if you're not careful, something like <a href="http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~wooda/pix/upatree.asf">this</a> could happen.

You mean if you're not careful, you'd end up owning a Vette?? You're right, that would bite
smile.gif

------------------
1992 NSX

Has anyone else tried this in the nsx. It is actually kind of hard to do. The car ends up doing oval donuts. Does the vette have a 50/50 weight distribution? It would seem that it would be easier in a car where the engine is in the front.

I believe the Vette is actually 48/52 on the weight distribution, and yes, this is extremely easy to do in a Vette. Guess how I burned my last set of tires
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
Does the vette have a 50/50 weight distribution? It would seem that it would be easier in a car where the engine is in the front.

------------------

2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

I'll suppose not.
The load on the tranny, bearings, diff, driveshaft are maximum at the moment the tires loose grip.

Making dougnuts with an NSX like he did is difficult.

I don't think it's abuse. It's fun!
Try it, and you know why....

Mich

Back