• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce quality/ fitment VERY POOR

Just want to share my experience I have had with Downforce quality and fitment. I'll keep it short and let the photos do the talking. As you can see i am quite disappointed for the cost of the products and time taken to rectify the issues.

Bonnet: Front of the guards required spacing 5mm to get the bonnet to line up with the guards, sides needed sanding and filling, front edge (front bumper to bonnet) needed fibreglass added to fill excessive gap. Had to cut and re fibreglass the bonnet to get it sitting flush with the bonnet, top of the bonnet had excessive ripples which needed filling, under the bonnet the carbon was wavey which required sanding and re clear coating.

Spoiler: Fitment was very good although carbon work was average. There is a number of air bubbles under the clear coating and led brake light fitted poorly with stripped screws.

A spray painter/ panel beater with 35+ years of experience inspected the bonnet and his words, "Its a wreck". I have had a number of bonnets from, Seibon carbon (fitment and quality 80%), BYS (quality and fitment 95%) and a no name fibreglass bonnet from Japan for $500 all which fit better than Downforce.

I have emailed Downforce with one reply to date asking for photos. I have supplied Downforce with photos of the above outlined issues with no reply to date. My point, is don't waste your money on Downforce with poor fitment and quality along with poor customer service

7wJtXDP.jpg

Guards spaced and gaps sanded

JI5SsYR.jpg

Sanded to fix ripples

Jf88p9f.jpg

Sanded to fit headlight and guard

UqXsbQU.jpg

Saw cut, to twist downwards to mate with guards and headlight before re fibreglassing

VjS7UFC.jpg

As you can see their are various highs and lows in the fibreglass

Spoiler:
FsO5nYD.jpg

As you can see the wing is covered in air bubbles under the gel coat

7RqbAaj.jpg

Finish in various parts of the wing

Yeah. I think their hoods are hit or miss since some fit great and some not. Apparently they had at least two molds or maybe more since it's a two piece mold in general. They have a version 1 hood that doesn't fit that well and a version 2. Nsx's also vary slightly from my understanding but I don't think thy bay by the headlights. It's more so by the bumper areas and fenders.

I have an old df hood I bought years ago collecting dust. It'll be fitted on my car and then I'll make a hood for myself since I want it under 8lbs and full carbon with no fiberglass.

I'll probably still buy their wing though. If I do I'd ask for them not to clear it and to make it full carbon. I'd ask to supply the carbon also. I don't feel like making a wing too but there's no other options. Everything else is glass filled and made in China.

I had several bubbles on my DF hood my body guy complained about. Honestly, it just means the cars that are done right, are worth more money because of the skill level needed.

For the price downforce sell their products, the quality should be there. Which it is not. I'm not sure why anyone would buy downforce products when they have to pay excessive cost to get it to fit hown it should be sold. All my body panels are oem so fitment shouldn't be an issue.

For the price downforce sell their products, the quality should be there. Which it is not. I'm not sure why anyone would buy downforce products when they have to pay excessive cost to get it to fit hown it should be sold. All my body panels are oem so fitment shouldn't be an issue.

I don't have much experience with body panels. However I noticed discussions over the past 11 years of reading Nsxprime that being hand assembled car some body panels will need adjusting.

Now saying that there is a point in which something doesn't fit right like the version 1 hood.

Regardless hope you get things to fit well.

Sme of downforce products appear to be great quality. There just isn't any options for nsx parts. Limited supply because there is limited demand considering how many nsx cars exist. Now combine that with how many people actual modify there nsx's, we have almost no market.

Back