• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce seats

Hi NSXers,

i am planning to change my OEM NSX seats by Downforce seats.
My idea is to take the Downforce shell and put the oem NSX-R seat cover on it.
Does somebody already did this? Do the oem Seatcovers match perfectly with the Downforce shell or is there a difference between the Downforcshell and the Oem shell?
I was told that the recaro poleposition is similar to the oem shell, but not equal so with the Recaro pole position my plan doen't work.

Hope somebody can help me.

Regards

David

I have been going the pole position route with OEM NSX_R OUTER Fabric, not inner (seat covers)Was planning to order the oem seat covers later so I am interested as well if this fits

I've thought about this too, but don't know all the details.

User NA1/2-R GT had a DF seat with Type-S seat covers on it. I think it works, but don't know if there are any gotchas.

talked about the outer fabric - ordered that via AS in Japan and the outer nsx-r fabric was fitted to the recaro shell at recaro themselves.

Those are not oem type r seat covers. That is a mesh material used by recaro “probably the same as the type r seat” but the embroidery is different on the logo and probably other small details we can’t notice. When you order seat covers from Honda they do not look like that.

Another detail I noticed is the real type r covers have a slit or area on the side that is stitched together. The seat above doesn’t have this and is one piece. Another area that goes to show the shell is not the same as a type r shell.

I just ordered some oem covers and will post pictures when they come in if what I’m referring too. Nice seats though, but whomever told you those were type r wasn’t correct.

Hi, sorry, maybe I did not formulate correctly.The fabric meaning mesh material shall be the same used for the OEM type R seats - this has been sent to Recaro for aplying it on the seats. The logo for sure is not the OEM material as it is applied by recaro later.
You are right that the seat cover in total is not the r-one, just the mesh shall be.

Anyhow thanks for compliments, I am happy with the seats - just surching for new rails as my existing ones do not excite me.

Thanks
Those are not oem type r seat covers. That is a mesh material used by recaro “probably the same as the type r seat” but the embroidery is different on the logo and probably other small details we can’t notice. When you order seat covers from Honda they do not look like that. Another detail I noticed is the real type r covers have a slit or area on the side that is stitched together. The seat above doesn’t have this and is one piece. Another area that goes to show the shell is not the same as a type r shell. I just ordered some oem covers and will post pictures when they come in if what I’m referring too. Nice seats though, but whomever told you those were type r wasn’t correct.

Last edited:
Back