• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce - Side Skirt Splitters

I have a 2003 NSX...it is by far my favorite car...EVER.

As most NSX owners, once the mod bug bites it becomes a slippery slope to continue adding.
I have added many Downforce items over the years and have actually talked to Peter. I love the contributions he and Downforce have provided to the NSX community over the years.

I have installed:
DFR-Wing and Downforce Hood Duct (not oem style)
CF Bumper lip (purchased 5 due to damage from road)
Type R hood
Front window garnish with HEPA filter
Center Console (to upgrade head unit)
Rear Window Garnish
Door Garnish

All of the above items were either perfect out of the box or have been (earlier days) not quite perfect but made perfect by Downforce. When you could call them if something wasn't right they would listen.

....now to the latest addition
I wanted to add the SIDE SKIRT SPLITTERS. I like the way the look and thought it would be a nice addition for NSXPO 2018. I do understand that this is more of purely cosmetic item, but when I received them I was kinda shocked. The CF was wavey and the underside was rough and open. Why would you want to create a cavity on the side of car that has a smooth underside? Then provide only SCREWS to attach them to the car...there must be another way. It would be helpful if the the Downforce site could at least have more detail about the splitters, instead it gives you a link (when you click on product manual) to install the FRONT LIP...seriously!

...anyone want to buy mine?

rawone

It's really sad to see that the car that started the company has 'fallen off the map'.

It took FOUR TRIES for Downforce to get my carbon fiber NSX-R rear spoiler right. Apparently the guy who does the final polishing burned through the clear coat FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES ON FOUR DIFFERENT SPOILERS.

In all likelihood I would never buy anything from them again.

Last edited:
It took FOUR TRIES for Downforce to get my carbon fiber NSX-R rear spoiler right. Apparently the guy who goes the final polishing burned through the clear coat FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES ON FOUR DIFFERENT SPOILERS.

In all likelihood I would never buy anything from them again.

Yep...I had the same issues. I went through 3 hoods & 3 tails before getting a good one. But it was different 'in the day', then I could call and talk to Peter, Ben or Gianina and resolve any issues.
Like I said before...I am not discounting any of the amazing contributions of Downforce, but they have strayed far away from the roots that started the company. And the NSX is now a back burner project.

I purchased a downforce rear license garnish earlier this year and the carbon fiber looked like shit. The cutouts also weren't precise and doesn't look like there's much effort to finish the parts

I used to be able to talk in person with Peter when he was just starting in his first shop. I purchased a number of DF products. He was very nice, very humble and accomodating but like everything else things change and people change. I am pretty sure he wouldn't even remember most of us.

Same story with Mark at Pride. You’ll be very lucky to get a hold of him. Anyways, it was nice to have met both of them when they were just starting the nsx business. ��

If they can't make it the way it 'should be'...it's time to 'MacGyver' it.
Stay tuned....

Back