• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive on March 24th

Gokrt,
How did you strip the clear bra off the car? I have 13-year-old clear bra on my car that collects dust around the edges and I want to take it off and have new bra put on, but I wonder if stripping it off will damage the paint or not.

I watched several videos on youTube and most said you had to heat it with heat gun or steam it. The one that caught my attention showed someone just getting a corner of it and pulling it off. You pull up and towards you when you do it, not "away". Doing it this way the glue comes with it and there is very little cleanup. Patty, I took it off because it was done very poorly to begin with. Several people including the idiot who did the PPI thought the car was a repaint............AND, I like to detail. You can't work with the clear bra to give the paint the depth it deserves. I think clear bra is kinda like our grandparents who put plastic on the furniture. I'd rather deal with a nick or chip and enjoy it than protect it for the future. If I do get a few nicks I can get it repainted for the cost of a clear bra and even if it costs more I can enjoy the NOW of it instead of protecting it for someone else.

Les, Sorry for the "hijack" (but they asked)

Last edited:
Oh crap Les, he used the "R" word!

Debating whether to ban him from all future drives.:wink: Also didn't post his name, another negative mark against him. People give this old brian of mine a lot of credit thinking I can remember everyone's name from over 100 people I've met, especially the ones that rarely come to drives and events.

Sorry for the rant but I spend enough time setting up these drives I don't need to spend more time tracking down peoples names.

Hey there guys and gals. I know that Les is not being a dick on this but there is a lot of administrative stuff that Les and I do to coordinate these drives and make them fun for everyone. It takes planning and organization and time. We enjoy putting these drives on and seeing all of you. But if we have to chase you down for simple info that is requested in the first post, it gets pretty frustrating. Multiply that times the number of people who add a thread "me too plus 1" and it becomes a chore and waste of time for us. Please be a liitle more respectful of our time in the future. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the post my partner in crime.:smile:

BTW I left we out my rant because I only wanted people to think I was being a dick.:tongue:

No one suspected Jc les, just you. Even if Jc posted, he was probably just doing it cause you asked hehe

I guess now is as good a time to ask as any. Would anyone like to get together for the drive up from San Diego? If so, PM and we can coordinate a time/place.

I guess now is as good a time to ask as any. Would anyone like to get together for the drive up from San Diego? If so, PM and we can coordinate a time/place.

I'll join your group on the fly at the usual exit on the 5 if you come up that way. I talked with Les and he is going to have a group rolling up from north OC and we can join up with them. He'll be posting that time and location soon.

OK Les, looks like my deployment got pushed back a little so I might be in.

most excellent! Looking forward to seeing you and the mistress again!

- - - Updated - - -

I may make it out to this. Depends on how much I get smashed on SAT night really tho... lol.

Have we learned nothing here?
picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
I'll join your group on the fly at the usual exit on the 5 if you come up that way. I talked with Les and he is going to have a group rolling up from north OC and we can join up with them. He'll be posting that time and location soon.

okay JC.....but if we do it "on the fly" i'm not sure you will be able to catch up or keep up :biggrin:

okay JC.....but if we do it "on the fly" i'm not sure you will be able to catch up or keep up :biggrin:

Kids these days! Get's himself a supercharger and thinks he's untouchable. Little fact is your car's torque numbers end where mine start. Hope you enjoy my tail light mod because that is all you will be seeing in your windshield.

Oh my God! You've now brought me down to LMR vs. Supersonic levels! Thanks, thanks for nothing...

See new update on first post

I'm in but gotta leave around noon.

moderu - Kenny

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone around 626 wants to caravan, I'm up for it. Just pm me.

- - - Updated - - -

I may make it out to this. Depends on how much I get smashed on SAT night really tho... lol.

^this used to be me. LOL

Last edited:
Back