• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive spectacular California back roads with Hirofumi

Hirofumi Tomiyoshi, who is president of the NSX Club of Japan and who hosted 60-odd foreigners at NSX Fiesta last October, will visit the Bay Area briefly on his way to NSXPO. He will be staying at my house.

I am going to show him some of California's best NSX driving roads over most of 2 days. We will head south from the San Jose area at approximately noon on Saturday, September 17. We will overnight at the Hacienda Guest Lodge at Fort Hunter Liggett, departing very early Sunday morning, returning at 1 PM or so depending on the duration of stops. Hirofumi will be driving the purple car owned by you-know-whom.

I expect to drive 3 to 5 hours of scenic roads each day, plus some inevitable freeway portions. If you want to come along, please send me a PM. So far we have one other participant for Saturday only. If you plan to stay overnight for what will probably be a wonderful morning drive, you will need to book your room immediately. Ask me and I will tell you how to do that. The good news is that rooms are only $50 to $90, and the location is fabulous.

I am also looking for someone with a car-mounted videocamera so that we can give Hirofumi a memento of his fun drive as seen from the car behind him.

wow....sounds very cool.......gonna check my calendar and see if I can make this.

EDIT: Oh that is the weekend of the ALMS.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
If my car is done over at shad's, i'm totally down.

this sounds fun...i plan to leave LA in the morning around 6am to beat rush hour traffic. i will probably arrive in San Jose around 12pm or so to check in. I doubt I'll be able to stay at the location you guys had initially planned to go spend the night at. but I will figure things out by then.

wow....sounds very cool.......gonna check my calendar and see if I can make this.

EDIT: Oh that is the weekend of the ALMS.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll go.

i'm on the fence for ALMS. If I decide to do ALMS then I'll just loan the cameras out.

Most likely I'll go since I've been to enough ALMS and it's starting to get boring.....

Please PM me if you plan to join us, especially if you want to do the overnight, which I highly recommend. In the early morning you should get a chance to create your own version of my avatar.

That's right down my area. It's about an 1-1/2 drive for me. Maybe meet up with you guys off hwy 25? I would do same day round trip since it's so close to me. Too bad you guys can't take him to Pebble Beach. My friend is the Manager for the Poppy Hills / Spanish Bay in Pebble. We could have set up a group luncheon.

Last edited:
I would like to come on this Keith, i've been on that run before it great, i like the Tarantulas on the back roads. If i come it will be for saturday. I want to take pics of the elephant seals and the sunset. Bill....

Last edited:
I would like to come on this Keith, i've been on that run before it great, i like the Tarantulas on the back roads. If i come it will be for saturday. I want to take pics of the elephant seals and the sunset. Bill....

Elephant seals are Sunday morning. So is the sunrise picture. Sunset pictures if any will be in the valley near the Hacienda.

I need a head count by Tuesday for the Saturday dinner. It's only $15. After dinner you can stay overnight for the early morning drive if you booked a room or you can drive home. Please PM me if you want a dinner reservation.

That's right down my area. It's about an 1-1/2 drive for me. Maybe meet up with you guys off hwy 25? I would do same day round trip since it's so close to me. Too bad you guys can't take him to Pebble Beach. My friend is the Manager for the Poppy Hills / Spanish Bay in Pebble. We could have set up a group luncheon.

would so be down for a luncheon at pebble beach. never been and would like a plush experience haha...

Anyone staying for dinner or overnight will NEED to have the following papers to pass the checkpoint:

1. Drivers license, passport, or other government ID
2. Current car registration
3. Current proof of insurance on the car

Please put the last 2 items in your car now so you don't forget later!

For the all of the issues Hirofumi-san had to deal with at Fiesta, I hope (and am confident) that you guys will show him a great time. That guy deserves it.

I have international driver license, driver license in Japan, passport.
Do I need to prepare others?

Hirofumi

Anyone staying for dinner or overnight will NEED to have the following papers to pass the checkpoint:

1. Drivers license, passport, or other government ID
2. Current car registration
3. Current proof of insurance on the car

Please put the last 2 items in your car now so you don't forget later!

I have international driver license, driver license in Japan, passport.
Do I need to prepare others?

Hirofumi

For entering the base, a passport is sufficient. The other papers are in the car already. The international driver license will not be needed unless the police catch you speeding or something. :)

Really, really sorry I won't be able to join you all (as i explained to Keith I'll be in Germany at the Porsche and Mercedes factories and museums :biggrin:).
Hirofumi -- hope you have a great time!! Sorry I won't get to see you!
Have fun all!

I forgot, it's my anniversay next weekend. I'll let you know for sure if I can sneak out. No dinner. I also got offered some comp VIP Tickets to the Laguna Seca LeMans Series next weekend.

Here's the menu for Saturday's absurdly cheap dinner. Read it and salivate. Then consider joining us by PMing me your phone number.

Attachments

• WDSept17.jpg
    WDSept17.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 68
Back