• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ducati 748

Don't get a 748R. Ancient bike with terrible ergonomics. The pipes under the seat is so hot that it is not fun.
You should buy my like new 2002 CBR954rr with under 3k miles or one of my Ca registered NSR250 MC28s.
Shameless plug indeed.:biggrin:
Steve

i agree with whitensx 02 954 is badass, I have one in my collecton

duc_748S_side.jpg

the dual exhaust tips are pure sex.

My friend has a 998 and addressed the exhaust heat issues with ceramic coating the pipes and mufflers.....

Don't get a 748R. Ancient bike with terrible ergonomics. The pipes under the seat is so hot that it is not fun.
You should buy my like new 2002 CBR954rr with under 3k miles or one of my Ca registered NSR250 MC28s.
Shameless plug indeed.:biggrin:
Steve

I like the 954. Much better than the 748 I'm looking at to do my 3-4 week 10k mile trip around the US next summer.

3k miles is too low for me lol. After my one trip, the value would plummet to 50%. So I'm on the hunt for <20k mile bikes to take less of a hit by the time I'm done.

Considering using a DRZ 400sm too but curious as to if LONG hours/miles at 75 mph+ day after day would blow it up from winding it out too high for too long.

For me, any piece of machinery that I buy must invoke either 1) sense of nostalgia, or 2) visceral reflex, or often times both. My first car in high school was an Integra GS-R, and now into my 30's, I just bought one w/ 150K miles for shits and giggles and it is my daily driver. Those things are bullet proof, btw. Anyways, as much as 954 is a beast, I fell in love with the Tambourini design in the 916/748, and that's what I'm going to buy and keep in the garage. It is kind of the same reason why I bought the NSX.

Anyways, if anyone has any leads, let me know. A deal just fell through for me for a nice 748 in Sacramento...so sad.

Ducati's from my experience are all show, super UN-comfortable and yes heat problems + maintenance!

I've had over 13 crotchrockets and the 954RR are some of the more comfortable bikes.

My last two bikes were both Hayabusa's (2006 and now the 2008) This is truly the BEST sport bike period. Nothing beats this bikes power and presence on the road!

Unfortunately I'm selling my 08 Busa' and moving to a Harley Night Rod so if you interested let me know. I only have 2k miles on my bike...haha

It's posted on BARF too :)

cheers
rick

748's are dirt cheap these days and so are the RC51's. RC51's are like the nsx of the motorcycle world. i feel guilty, owning a 01' RC51 for 7 years and it has only 12k miles on it, whereas my previous bike, a 00' R6, i put about 40k miles in two years.

I actually bought one last week. It is a 2002 w/ only 3K miles. I paid a premium for the low mileage, as well as the fact that it is a 1 owner. It also has a lot of aftermarket upgrades. Comfort and performance wise, probably not has good as my previous jpn sport bikes, but I'm not going to run in motoGP anytime soon, so i will probably hit the limiter on my skillset before I hit the bike's. overall, it is still an amazing bike.

Back