• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Discounts for NSX Prime members!

sjs

Legendary Member
New St. Louis area Dyno Shop with discounts for NSX Prime members!

I’m not on Prime much these days because I stay pretty busy between work and racing Spec Miatas with my brother, but I still have and drive my 91 with CTSC, AEM, 6-spd, and lots of other parts, and the ’93 twin-turbo is collecting dust until I can get around to an engine transplant and other maintenance.

I’ve been using a dyno quite a lot for racing, so when the one we used went up for sale recently I purchased it. I’m not planning to build a full business around it at this time, but we will make it available and I would like to offer huge discounts to NSX owners and NSX Prime members.

The dyno is a Dynapack 3000. People will always debate which dyno is “best”, but years ago I concluded that Dynapack wins hands down for serious tuning, which is what I need. It costs far more than the common roller/drum types, and it’s worth every penny IMO. You can read more about them here:

http://www.dynapackusa.com/tech.htm

The dyno is located at our race shop just three minutes from the Gateway arch. I haven’t even come up with a name for the Dyno shop operations, but wanted to start getting the word out. The race shop is strictly a hobby and we don’t have anyone there full time, so the Dyno will be available evenings and weekends by appointment only.

The best part? We aren’t trying to make a living off this thing so we will be offering by far the cheapest rates in town. Get several guys together so we don’t have to make a trip for just a few pulls, and our introductory rate for anyone from NSX Prime will be $60/hr with a 1 hour minimum (the going rate for lesser equipment is $100-120/hr). As a bonus, we won’t start the clock for the first 10 minutes as we get your car on the dyno! Bring your own tuner, or we can provide one for some EMS models at additional cost. Don’t need to tune? We’ll do the standard 3-pulls, plus a bonus pull, at a reduced rate of $50. These rates include the wideband O2, and you can even take your data home with the viewer/analysis software at no extra charge (bring your own USB drive device, or we can sell you one.) This offer is not limited to NSX cars or owners, just mention NSX Prime.

You can contact me from here via PM or email, or send an email to: SteveScheifler "at" specmiataclassifieds.com

Also check out my post for track-car rentals!

Last edited:
Back