• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

End of the Season Fort Hunt Park, VA Meet: 10/24/09

The Meet for Saturday, October 24th is Cancelled Due to the High Probability of Rain, Wind Gusts and Thunderstorms!!!

The new date for the Fort Hunt Park Meet is Saturday, November 14th @ Noon with a rain date of Sunday, November 15th if needed.

I will be posting a new thread for the meet as well. Hopefully many of you can make the new date. I look forward to seeing you all then!

Regards,
Court

Place: Fort Hunt Park, VA
(Located just off the GW Parkway @ Historic Mount Vernon)
Date: Saturday, October 24th
Start Time: 12:00 High Noon
Lot/Spaces: LOT C
Cost of Admission: Free

Planned Activities:

1) Show & Shine
2) Individual & Group Photo's
3) Cruise down GW Parkway into Old Town, Alexandria for some pics and video action!

All,

This is the end of year meet for all Supra, Lexus and Exotic car owners in the DC, Maryland, Virginia areas and beyond. As in the past, I hope to have a wide range of cars out to the meet to include: Ferrari's, Aston's, NSX's, GTR's, Vipers and others.

If anyone wants to grill out there are picnic tables and grills available. I don't know if I will have the time to coordinate the food effort, so someone would need to volunteer their time to make that happen.

The rain-out date is Saturday, November 7th.

Event location:

8900 Fort Hunt Rd
Alexandria, VA 22308
(703) 823-4600

Other Notes:

Please be mindful and respectful of the other meet attendees and the other visitors while inside the park. There will be park officers checking on our site and we want to stay on good terms with the National Park Service for future forum events.

I am in no way reponsible for any damage to person or property that may occur while traveling to the meet, while at the meet, or when traveling home from the meet.

Hope to see many of you from the past events at Great Falls and Fort Hunt as well as some of the new owners!

See you at the park!
Court

Last edited:
As long as I'm back from a business trip to Khartoum - count my wife and I in. :)

Great, hope your schedule allows you to make it out. I had several NSX's attend last year's meet.

I don't think I have any pics of them though :frown:

Here are a few pics that I do have:

Attachments

• IMG_0888%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0888%20copy.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0943%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0943%20copy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0893%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0893%20copy.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 64
  • resized_MG_6376.jpg
    resized_MG_6376.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
  • resized_MG_6398.jpg
    resized_MG_6398.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 74
  • resized_MG_6399.jpg
    resized_MG_6399.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0879%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0879%20copy.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0891%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0891%20copy.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0974%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0974%20copy.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0896%20copy.jpg
    IMG_0896%20copy.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 64
Last year a few s2000's came out. Will this be posted on s2ki.com?

I'm not a member of the S2k site, however feel free to post the event there if you like. I think last year Bob (silver s2k) posted the event on the s2k forum for me.

His car:

Attachments

• resized_MG_6444.jpg
    resized_MG_6444.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 58
I'm not a member of the S2k site, however feel free to post the event there if you like. I think last year Bob (silver s2k) posted the event on the s2k forum for me.

His car:

Bob Scalise.. really nice guy. I know him. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there. Based on the feedback I've been getting from this and other forums its looks like it will be a good turnout!

Also, we will be grilling food, so if the Prime crew wants to bring food I'll have my executive chef Brad cook it up :biggrin:

Thanks everyone!
Court

Right now - they're calling for a 70% chance of rain. :(

I know, I've been watching the forecasts each day and it doesn't look promising. I'm working with other folks to determine the best Saturday to reschedule as next Saturday is Halloween and I'd imagine everyone is pretty busy that day. The 7th which was my original reschedule date has a big event at MIR that alot of the high powered Supra's and others would likely attend. So, if I do cancel, it may be the 14th of Nov. I will make the announcement for the meet by tomorrow afternoon because there are people coming from other states to attend this. Stay tuned for updates!

Court

I know, I've been watching the forecasts each day and it doesn't look promising. I'm working with other folks to determine the best Saturday to reschedule as next Saturday is Halloween and I'd imagine everyone is pretty busy that day. The 7th which was my original reschedule date has a big event at MIR that alot of the high powered Supra's and others would likely attend. So, if I do cancel, it may be the 14th of Nov. I will make the announcement for the meet by tomorrow afternoon because there are people coming from other states to attend this. Stay tuned for updates!

Court

Yup, I will most likely be here on the 7th:
http://www.importvsdomestic.com/

I have 100% chance of company preventing me from attending on the 24th so...sorry if it rains but I will be looking for the reschedule date.

The Meet for Saturday, October 24th is Cancelled Due to the High Probability of Rain, Wind Gusts and Thunderstorms!!!

The new date for the Fort Hunt Park Meet is Saturday, November 14th @ Noon with a rain date of Sunday, November 15th if needed.

I will be posting a new thread for the meet as well. Hopefully many of you can make the new date. I look forward to seeing you all then!

Regards,
Court

Back