• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Endurance drive norcal july 30th

hello all. my name is richard :rhayward. if you have been coming to our thursday meets you have met me. We would be happy to invite your club on our drive. My drives are organized, maps distributed, seperated into slow,medium,fast groups, plenty of stops for pic and bathroom break, dinning location for everyone to eat and relax.

Post up if you'd like to attend, and choose a meet point for the caravanns here is the thread for the coming drive
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=400085

where are we going? http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=&csz=geyserville%2C+ca&country=us&tcsz=stewarts+point%2Cca&tcountry=us&oerr=3005
TO drive skaggs spring road and famous road with twisties that are in clear view without blind corners. nice.. and to cruise sonoma country...plus some good eats....more info to come after test drive
*****ATTENTION*****ATTENTION*****
JULY 3OTH ENDRURANCE DRIVE TIMELINE

8:00 a.m. meet at caravan points
8:15-30 a.m. drive off
9:00 a.m.
2nd Meet point for East bay pacific east mall
map for pacific east mall directions to pacific east mall
2nd Meet point for Peninsula and SF is northgate mall
northgate mall starbucks .......exit Terra linda Frietas pkwy
Group up and then leave ASAP

9:30 a.m. breakfast point Mr. moms café in Petaluma. *** drivers meeting***
directions from northgate mall
directions from pacific east mall
10:30 a.m. leave for skaggs spring road
directions from petaluma to skaggs spring rd
11:00 a.m. begin the run on skaggs spring towards hwy 1
12:00 p.m. finish 1st run & group up for gas and snacks
1:00 p.m. or sooner 2nd run through skaggs spring road towards 101
2:00 p.m. drive is finished and we you can do as you wish thank you for coming

TRIP NOTES
Totall drive is ok a full tank.. on the test run we drive 260 miles which is much less
than what we will do on the 30th
• so please fill up on gas don’t hold up the pack!
• sun block
• water
• 2-way radios
• Check your vehicle fluids
• Tire pressure and tread….take it easy if your low on tread

CARAVANN INFO AND DETAILS

CENTRAL MEET POINT

WHOSE COMING AND PLEASE STATE WHERE YOU ARE FROM SO IT EASIER TO COARDINATE THE CARAVANNS

SOUTH BAY 8:00am
milpitas bubble act
directions MAP

1.RANDY
2.HIRO 1562-897-0856
3.yellowap1
4.blackap1
5.nsx-tuner
6.mar88

EASTBAY 8:00am
San lorenzo Starbucks
driections map
1 ME 510-909-6574
2.quan
3.ron
4.blue

EASTBAY Dublin 8:00am
starbucks at Dublin imax
directrions map
1.andrew
2.vu 1-415-310-8765
3.ron+uncle evo
4.ryan
PENNINSULA MILBRAE
starbucks 8:00 am
directions map
2.terahertz 1-650-740-8168

SAN FRANCISCO 8:00am
starbucks at stonestown galleria
http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=AjRqY_YarkMpdngKBaxegsmjNcIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBudDJuYTkxBF9zAzk2NjEzNzY5BHNlYwNzci1saXN0?id=21380370&ed=GS.lwP93iHn0_XLjJGGYHgx_A3GAoqnWYstHJF0_Z.IdXIibzrp6F7qafz.h&csz=San+Francisco%2C+CA&city=San%20Francisco&state=CA&stx=starbucks
1. STEVEN 1408-507-3912
2.lilken
3.whoozbad
4.gp2 race
5.jae
NORTHBAY 8:30 am
pacific east mall richmond
directions map
1.2hots2k
2.juejamon

San rafeal
northgate mall starbucks 8:30 am
directions map

petaluma cafe 9:30 am
meeting direct at breakfast point
1.ken
2.racer
3.outcrncru
4.spacecowboy
5.drunkinfoolio

:hello:
FROM NSXPRIME
1.JUEJAIMON
2RAVN NSX
3SYCOSHO
4.GP2 RACE
5.DRUNKINFOOLIO :thumbup:

Last edited:
sounds good everyone....i will fill everyone in after sundays test run....on what fun will happening on the 30th

hello,
yes I'll be there both 21st and 30th....Will assist anyone who has any questions about Infineon road coarse FOR CAR SET UP. I am a instructor , racer, tech station for NASA PRO RACING.

I would love to join, count me in.
I'm in Santa Rosa and it's only a half hour drive for me to get
there. Hopefully I can meet you guys somewhere along the way.

Last edited:
whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! we are back from the test run to skaggs spromg road. wheeeeeeeww far and hot. 95F. most of the time. with the top down....

started from castrovalley 9:30am

arrived to san rafeal stop point north gate mall around 10:25am breakfast at mr. moms in petaluma 10:45am
left at 11:30am
head up 101 hwy
embarked dry creek road around 12:20pm
which turns into skaggs spring road 12:40pm
the road is fun and yes its true the second half is narrow and you need to be alert......beautiful landscapes.....and when you reach the coast the temp drops to 70F. 1:30pm

traffic? there is none we encountered 5 cars and a bus. once you pull away from lake sonoma the cars dissapear....bikes we only saw about 15 bikes...nice people waving the peace sign

after stewarts point we went south but ran into traffic immediatlely made us want to retreat back into skaggs. but we wanted to see what the possibilites would be if we went south to bodega....didn't happen so much traffic we turned on 116 to santa rosa and that was no peach either......

i got home at 5:30pm

i think the heat got to me

ill report back tommorrow with full review of any changes

updated timeline

and so far 23 cars totall.....

we will be doing skaggs spring road twice. with a break for gas and snacks in between....

Last edited:
bump

hey everyone please poost to which location you would like to meet at. thnx

let me know by friday...thank you

If I'm not at the SAN FRANCISCO starbucks at stonestown galleria on time, I'll meet at the northgate mall starbucks.

I'll be in a White M5, no NSX for a few weeks.

Sung

For those that are coming out this way tomorrow, it might be a bit
cold in the morning. The sun didn't come out til just now.
Very heavy fog this morning.

yes it is today

dont forget gas
money,snacks,sun block,water,2-way radio, and a good attitude.......and we will see you at the canyon run....................later....call me questions of our location....if you are running late we wont be leaving the breakfast venue until about 10:30 am so if you can reach mr. moms cafe in peataluma by then a notify me....your in:biggrin:

juejaimon said:
I'll see you at the pacific east mall.... where abouts in that parking lot?

ummm will just be where ther is parking away from the shopping center...so closer to the road....ill see you there at 9:00am how about directly in front of ranch 99

THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT FELLAS...excellent run we had a totall of 30 cars ...........what a turn out....lots of good meet points and good weather...great people...great touge and chill by the beach also.

here are the pics ther coming in already
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=409198

our next drive is on august 13th were gunna do 25 south of hollister plus home bbq....it will be great...

Richard... thanks for organizing the event... 2 reds, 1 white, and 1 silver nsx... hope more shows up in the future... :)

btw..was reading the s2k thread... it says that the red nsx almost got into a accident?... was that the car that broke down as well? what happened?. :confused: I didn't recognize driver the other red nsx...i don't think he frequents prime...

no accident ..but no he didn't have probs but was in front of the fast group on way back and was holding up the pack..so i guess he got pussed beyond his level...and would let anyone pass........nsx-tuner had problems with overheating...but the car is safely on a flatbed on its way back to comptech.....my boy hiro took him home....we really looked out for your crew nsxprime. its all family

I also want to than Richard for organizing a fantastic event and keeping the meet & drive rolling along all day. I especially appreciated that you guys hung out with me until the flatbed arrived and to Hiro for the ride back home. I'm very impressed with how you guys lookout for fellow car enthusiast. Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to the S2000 group... and an excellent group they are. :thumbsup: However, I'm Sorry we got stuck eating dinner at Denny's. :D

Correction, car wasn't overheating today but it did develop a bad mis-fire and kept throwing CELs. So off goes my car again to the mother-ship. :frown: Last weekend (remember the killer heat), my car did overheat a bit going up to Yosemite.

Just got a call from Comptech this morning about my car. It turns out that the mis-fire was caused by one of the injector connector pins on #5 cylinder that had been flattened. :rolleyes: Comptech check all the other injector connectors and they were okay. So I'll be reunited with her again later this week. :D

Back