• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine compartment braces, coupe and targa!

I am working on engine compartment/shock tower braces too. The coupe is designed and ready for building! They will match the stainless steel tunnel brace, using the oval shaped tubing for great strength and rigidity. I need to find a CT Targa chassis brace to template off so the targa brace will work with a SC as well as NA while still clearing all the engine covers. If anyone has one I can borrow for a week that would be great, happy to pay shipping Etc. Would trade a CT for my new welded stainless one too...

Plan is:
Coupe brace under $400
Targa brace under $800

Please PM if you have a part that will help this project move forward.

Attachments

• NSX tunnel chassis brace, stainless.jpg
    NSX tunnel chassis brace, stainless.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 602
Stainless steel so they can be compact and strong

Off topic Dave. But would there be a good way to make a brake master cylinder brace for the NSX?

Last edited:
Off topic Dave. But would there be a good way to make a brake master cylinder brace for then NSX?

Always possible, I can take a look.

I have a CT targa brace on the way to build a fixture, so that’s in the works.

Still looking at master cylinder brace that won’t be super complex or expensive...

I’d consider a solid 4 point coupe strut brace for the engine compartment and a brake master cylinder brace to! Your quality is top notch!

I'm looking at coupe 4 point brace, the only mount points in line are the engine cover hinges.

Would there be an option to not have the brace not polish and just powder coated in black and would it be cheaper for that option?

Would there be an option to not have the brace not polish and just powder coated in black and would it be cheaper for that option?

Sure, it will save $25

How is the targa brace progress coming along?

Back