• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

engine hatch rubber trim

Sorry to bump and old thread, but I'm wanting to replace this piece too as mine looks like the one posted by jorma (post #20). Thanks pbassjo for clarifying which P/N it is. It is #11 below:

13sl001_b52.png

Does anyone know what 9 and 10 are?

9: 73212-SL0-000 RUBBER, RR. WINDSHIELD DAM (B) (List $55.63)
10: 73213-SL0-000 RUBBER, RR. WINDSHIELD DAM (A) (List $56.37)

I'm guessing they are mounted to the chassis and not the hatch itself?

Thanks!

Love bumping an old thread that was bumped but never answered. I'm slowly rehabbing a 91, that was picked up a year ago on BaT. I followed pbassjo's recommendation of replacing the molding for the hatch as it was coming apart. (I also followed his recommendation to total my last NSX due to the damage and the work that would be required to bring it back properly, thank your your expertise pbassjo ! It was the right choice, but noticed that it was invariably salvaged and now back on the road. Would be interesting to see how they repaired it)

I ordered 9. and 10. in addition to the hatch molding that starts to come loose from the bottom as the above photo shows. I have been scratching my head to figure where these two other pieces go? <== This is the same guy who took over an hour trying to figure out how to put that damn clock door spring back together, so consider the source....

From what I can tell they are moldings on the top edge and lower edge of the hatch frame, beneath the glass and no way to replace unless you are replacing the glass? Confirmation from the experts would put me at ease?

Always fun to blow a franklin because I didn't do my research, and just blindly ordered what was in another thread. Hopefully this will save someone else some cash!

Thanks!

Back