• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine just turned off.......

Team Xs..

The other day, I was just driving the X out and suddenly, I lost power. I was fortunate enough to coast and able to park on the side. Engine light on... I was already thinking of a flatbed tow truck to call. I turned on the car again and it fired right up. I immediately went back to the house just in case it happens again.

I called my Honda mechanic, Robert and he was able to give me some possible causes. He narrowed it down to either the ignition assembly or the main relay.

While working on my S2000, Robert was able to diagnose the X and determined that it was the ignition assembly. He connected me to a local dealership and was able to get the part less than retail.

I don't know what the actual dealer would have cost me to diagnose and fix the problem.

It's good to know that there is still a honest, reliable mechanic out there.

Robert has helped other prime members and I just can't be thankful enough.

The X is back on the road. Thanks to Robert.

While he specializes in our cars, Robert has worked on other Hondas. He will also go to your house...

You can reach him at 626-264-7977.

Yeah I had a problem with the ignition switch. I thought it was the main relay, but members on Prime said it was the ignition switch...what did I do, I ordered the main relay installed and then later was ordering an ignition switch. The install wasn't too bad, minus some back pains from the position I was in, but got it in and she started up. Lesson learned: NSXPrime has a lot more knowledge than me. :biggrin:

Back