• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enkei wheel choices... pictures of TSP6s?

5 Wheel Comparison.jpg

Which wheel do we like the most? All Enkei...
From the top down.
Kojin
T6S
PF01
TSP6
TSP6 Gunmetal - somehow I am liking these the most but I never thought gunmetal wheels would look good on a red/black car. Just enough contrast but not too much?
How about the open nature of the wheels knowing that I will still be running stock brakes.
Just talking style here. They're all available in decent 17/18 combo sizes and offsets for the NSX so that isn't an issue.

I've searched high and low for pictures of the TSP6s on an NSX and I guess since it is so new they don't exist yet. Anyone have a set of these? In gunmetal perhaps?

I see you left out the GTC01's, they are my favorite. But I'm bias since I have them on my NSX. The gun metal in your picture does look pretty good with the red.

Yeah hyper black is actually a mix of silver and gunmetal
anepenev.jpg

I have a staggered set of 17/18 Enkei PF01's on my car. Make sure to get the 18x9.5 rear with a 35mm offset (not the 45mm offset that's shown on the Tirerack website). I've attached a picture showing how the 35mm rear looks on my car.

Mike O - I remember your original post and I've used your car as a baseline for offsets, etc. Thanks! I like the PF01s but now I like the GTC-01s as well. Anyone have pictures of those on a red/black car? The hyper black color is interesting.

I've only ever seen the GTC01's on one other NSX it's a black one in Australia I believe. And it's 18/19. But there might be more now. That was back right after I guy mine and searched for others a year ago.
My wheels are front 17x8 38 offset rear 18x9.5 38 offset. I then added a 15mm H&R bolt on spacer which would make it a 23 offset. They offer a 18x10 with a 22 offset I've thought of getting for the rear of mine in the future. But I'm not sure if since its by 10 instead of 9.5 if it might stick out too far. They looked fine before the spacer also thou. Tires I went with 225/35/17 and 255/35/18. I'd go either 265/35 or 285/30/18 next time on the rear. The front is perfect with my bilstein low perch setup. If you slam it I'd go alittle narrower possibly.

I really like the finish on the GTC-01s. Kind of a satin half gunmetal half silver thing going on. Liking it a lot. They're more expensive than most of the other Enkei wheels but not by much.
I'll keep looking and maybe I'll be able to get the sizes I want for a deal at some point.

Thanks for the help!

Msrp is quite a bit more than most others since its their nicest racing wheel. I like the new concave RR's but they aren't offered in 17/18.

If you search you can find them for close to 1/2 off msrp at times.
Good luck!! And if you get them PM me a pic on the car, I'd love to see what they look like on red also.
BrianB

I really like the finish on the GTC-01s. Kind of a satin half gunmetal half silver thing going on. Liking it a lot. They're more expensive than most of the other Enkei wheels but not by much.
I'll keep looking and maybe I'll be able to get the sizes I want for a deal at some point.

Thanks for the help!

Have you got new wheels yet? I just ordered a set of Advan RZ's so I'll probably be listing my wheels for sale with in a month. PM me if interested..

Thanks. No, it's a Gruppe M knob, quite a bit shorter than a Zanardi knob.

GTC01s finally purchased!

Okay guys so years after I started this thread, I finally pulled the trigger on GTC01s and waited 9 weeks to get them from Japan. And today they went on the car!
The available 17" front options are slim now, they've dropped them down over the years.
I went with a 17x7 45 offset for the front. For me this is the best, because the 215 tires I have look great on them. Anything wider and they look stretched, which is not a look I am going for (I know a lot of other people like it though). And the wider 225 tires don't play nice with TCS.
On the back I went with the 18x9 40 offset, with 265 tires. Tires look nice a meaty and also not stretched at all - AND the rear fitment is perfect in my opinion.

I weighed new and old as well with an old bathroom scale in my garage.
Front setup (just wheel) is 17.1 lbs, wheel and tire is which is 35.1 lbs and is 3.5 lbs lighter than the old setup.
Rear setup is 47.6 lbs per side (wheel and tire). 1.5 lbs lighter than old, even though I added 38.1mm of wheel width and added 30mm of tire width. These are light wheels.
Looks like I took a good amount of unsprung weight out of the fronts and added a crap ton of traction to the rear and still took out 1 lb a side there.

Old wheels on the car - these are Chinese cast wheels with the universal 5 lug pattern.... ugh.. Disgusting. XXR something. Looked okay from 30 feet away, but they were curb rashed quite badly and the rear size was only 18x7.5 with 235 tires.
Previous owner is completely responsible for these.
IMG_20140601_101859_541.jpg

New wheels!
IMG_20180424_173118436.jpg
IMG_20180424_162005832.jpg
IMG_20180424_162012066_HDR.jpg

Rear fitment picture, my son apparently in the background putting his shoes on. Didn't notice him there :) too distracted by the wheels
IMG_20180424_173224925.jpg

They look good! Fronts are only 17x8 though, not my favorite size. They need to make those in more sizes, I think they would be everywhere on NSXs if they did.

I regret not going 18/19.

Back