• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Error code 52 after installing SC

It may be unrelated, but almost immediately after installing a high boost (9psi) Comptech SC (new fuel pump, injectors, AEM), I started getting a 52 error code (rear oil pressure sensor) almost every time I drive for 20 minutes plus. Oil level is fine. Anyone else run across this or have advice?

PS. Also having some idle on start issues that seem to be common on SCs and (every once in a while) a bit of throttle weirdness around 4k rmp in 3rd gear (even with TCS off).

Last edited:
It may be unrelated, but almost immediately after installing a high boost (9psi) Comptech SC (new fuel pump, injectors, AEM),

Please be specific about the engine management of you car and its fuel system.

Year, brand of pump, brand of injectors, model of AEM ECU or piggyback.

While the fuel system is not related to the oil code you are getting, knowing that it is a piggyback AEM F/IC on an OBDI OEM ECU might lead someone to suggest looking at your wire harness or harness patch cable to verify the correct wiring or that the pins in the patch cable are all fully seated in the connector. You could also swap the injectors and use the OEM ECU only (as long as you stay out of boost) and see if the problem shows up without the AEM ECU or AEM F/IC in the system.

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the response. Here are the details:

1992 NSX
AEM fuel pump
ID Injectors
AEM REV:C MODS:H A, AEM FIC jumper harness
2.3L Comptech Blower

Btw, I noticed my mechanic switched to 5w40 for my oil. Could this be related and is it ok for a NA1 engine?

Last edited:
Back