• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Evo X worth it?

Well, shopping for a new DD to replace my tired IS300.

I'm seriously thinking of the Mitsu Lancer Evolution. Canadian pricing are as follows:
- The GSR starts at $41,498
- The MR starts at $47,498
- The MR Premium starts at $51,498

For full details go to: http://lancerevolution.ca/en/features-specs/

Good buy? At those prices you can also consider G37s, Bimmers etc.

A used M3 is also a good deal. Hm..

Some articles that I have read in British magazine seems to suggest that they are bit frail and need more maintenance, in comparison to the STI.

Dollars per smile mile are about the same.

my 2 cents

Bram

John - you'd be an idiot to give up your GTR allocation for this. That EVO makes my eyes hurt. Its like a Neon mixed with a Malibu!

Dont do it.

Get your GTR and be done with it.

GTR and give up my beloved NSX? :eek:

I can't own both cars, so the GTR will be on hold for now.

However, if someone here makes me an offer I can't refuse.... :wink:

What is the diff between the GTR price and the EVO MR? $35-40k?

That is not a meaningful amount to force you downstream my friend.

You could get the GTR and unless they start to mass produce the cars, sell it after a year for what you paid. That EVO will be worth jack shit a year later.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the Evo, but it does hold its own compared to others! The STI is definetatly a beast, they both arer 4 door family cars and grocery getters! I love the Audi S4, but they do have their problems too, just like every car out there. LOL

You looking to sell your IS300? PM me on the details I know someone in the market for an IS.

Thanks,
-Richie

A $50,000 dollar Mits????

I don't care if it makes me cappacino, rubs my feet and every drive ends with a happy ending. I'd get a broker to bring an RS4 up from the states, get a used M3 here, or buy a 335i. I love my BMW, 300hp, 25mpg (avg), maintenance included and it's German solid. Btw, you can get one for the low 50's here loaded up pretty nice, you could get a 335ix with sports package for similar dough.

This conversation hurts my head. Dave, make him buy the GTR, so we can take turns driving it. Otherwise, enough said.

Yeah, the concept of him buying a Mits is making my stomach churn. Its a horrible, horrible decision.

The guy is #1 in Ontario for a GTR and he wants a EVO instead? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? SEAN HAS GIVEN YOU PLENTY OF GOOD IDEAS.

You really need to wear your mask when you're gassing guys in the chair.

The EVO is silly talk.

51 grand no way not even close to worth it evo's are like tampoons every pussy need one

Wait a year until the Evo depreciates to about $15k, chip it to 500 hp for about $300 and who cares what it looks like? It will make a great winter beater and you can even afford to have it crushed. :smile:

LOL you guys are funny!

Richie, PM sent!

I can see Dave is really hurting for a GTR. BTW for those who don't know, I currently have a $5K deposit (refundable) for the 1st Ontario Nissan GTR, which I will not be able to take nor sell my spot (which is killing Dave). :D

I just can't get rid of the NSX for the GTR and I need a new DD. I know about Mitsu resale and know in a year they will drop in price, so maybe holding off for another year would be wise, but man they are just so tempting! I saw the Concept X at the Tokyo Auto Salon back in 2006 and it was hot!

OK, I'll keep an eye out for an M3 winter beater. RS4..hmmm...not sure about reliability though. Another option is the G35. What about an RX8?

Audi Reliability? (put on thick Kazakstani accent) YOU JOKING ME???

We have three Audi's in our family fleet right now (Mother in Law, Sister in Law and Wife) ranging from 2000 to 2007 and they are ROCK solid - I wouldn't expect better maintenance on a Honda! My wife is driving our family's 8th Audi and has a new one coming in March - so I'd say we're Audi Experts.

Buy the S4 - you can get one BRAND NEW from the USA for 50k - they're awesome, fast, 4wd, comfortable, WAY safer, bigger back seat for the kids, handle like crazy and you'll finally look the part of the Yuppie Dentist you really are - you can't play the street racing Rice Boy ALL your life! :)

Well, shopping for a new DD to replace my tired IS300.

I'm seriously thinking of the Mitsu Lancer Evolution. Canadian pricing are as follows:
- The GSR starts at $41,498
- The MR starts at $47,498
- The MR Premium starts at $51,498

For full details go to: http://lancerevolution.ca/en/features-specs/

Good buy? At those prices you can also consider G37s, Bimmers etc.

A used M3 is also a good deal. Hm..
Why don't you do the sensible thing and buy a slighlty used S60R. You can get one out of the states, transport, import, and register one for 25-30% less than the GSR. It's one of the best rides going and will give you the DD thrill you are biting at the bit for when your NSX is parked.:wink:

Three of these things belong with the others, one of these things...

Attachments

• nissan_gt_r_proto_2005_01.jpg
    nissan_gt_r_proto_2005_01.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
  • mitsubishi-evo-x-01.jpg
    mitsubishi-evo-x-01.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 72
  • NSX3.gif
    NSX3.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 81
What about an IS350 to replace the IS300? I replaced my IS300 with an older 911 for a daily driver, haha.

What's with the Mitsu hate? The Evo 1-9 are great cars that can compete with the best on a road course. The 4G63 is one of the best engines ever made (I know the new one uses the 4B11). I don't think I'll ever be without a 4G63 powered car, I'll have to bring my Colt out to an NSX group meet one day. I have to somewhat agree though, if it was between a new Evo and a used E46 M3 I wouldn't think twice about taking the BMW.

Bump for old thread.

Bought me a 2005 M3 vert smg. Hahahahahaha!

Coming to TO tomorrow to pick her up..it will be a whirlwind trip. 6am depart Ottawa by viarail, 10am arrival, paperwork blahblahblah...lunch, 12noon depart TO and be back in Ottawa to attend my son's family fun day at his public school :biggrin:

I'm going to see if I can stop by Peter's restaurant for a sandwich before heading home.

Excellent choice.

I love those cars! Hey did you investigate how much brakes cost on those babies? I did. Ouch!

If it hurts too much, let me know. My brother Craig is a Master Tech at BMW Waterloo.

What's the Canadian price for the GTR?

In Dollars, or bags of rice?:rolleyes: :tongue:

I have a feeling that its gonna be the "boy racer" machine of the decade!

Not a classic, but a mass produced car that will get pulled over by the police for driving in a straight line!

What's the Canadian price for the GTR?

$81,900 msrp.

One of the NSX boys in Ottawa's got one ordered (not me), can't wait to see it! :biggrin:

OK, picked her up on Friday. Here're the pics:

n690446223_1196918_5464.jpg

n690446223_1196920_6177.jpg

n690446223_1196923_7012.jpg

@ Scotiabank Place (I live 5 mins away):
n690446223_1196911_3596.jpg

n690446223_1196913_4095.jpg

n690446223_1196914_4364.jpg

Gratuitous lip pic. Thats my camera lens cap.
n690446223_1196917_5186.jpg

Back