• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exceeded expectations.

I've been driving Hondas/Acuras my whole life; Acura TL, Accord, Prelude SI, and 99 Civic SI. So needless to say, I like Hondas.
I've test driven other cars and didn't like them. I always end up with a Honda. For the money, I don't think that you can find a better car. Interior, handling, maintenance, looks, and performance are unprecedented. I've always wanted an NSX. Afterall, it's the ultimate Honda. I've been doing research for about a year now and have had a local dealership on the search for a pristine used NSX for me. Two weeks ago, they found me one. I've never driven one before or even been in one. Just seen them on the road, and DREAMED about driving one. I arrived at the dealership to test drive it. It's funny because I just couldn't stop looking at the thing. It looks absolutely ridiculous!! (ridiculously awesome that is) I sat down in the car and cranked it up, pulled out of the dealership and slammed on the gas. INSANE. Took it up to 85 in second gear. Took it around corners like it was a roller coaster on a track. Vettes, Camaros, firebirds..what a joke. This car has ATTITUDE. This car is PISSED! Now I see what you guys are talking about. I can't even imagine what the newer ones are like or with upgrades. I'm gonna find out though. Needless to say though (before this turns into a novel), I traded in my 99 Civic SI for a 91 Black/Black NSX. 27,000 miles. Sony 10 disk CD. Built in K-40 Radar. No chips, dents. Interior/Exterior perfect. Out of snap ring range. Looks and drives like a brand new car. This car exceeded my expectations and then some. And thanks to the gentleman who gave the explaination on the K-40.

Congrats on your fine purchase...and now you know why we're so insanely enthusiastic about our NSXs!

It's amazing how well many NSXers have taken care of their cars. Go to any NSXCA meeting and you'll see what I mean...every year looks as good as knew. The pressure is on me big time to keep my 2000 model looking as good by its 10th birthday (and beyond)!

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 August 2000).]

It's amazing how well many NSXers have taken care of their cars. Go to any NSXCA meeting and you'll see what I mean.

You'll also find a great bunch of people, too. I have been to a bunch of NSX Club meetings and I've always been impressed by the owners and how friendly they are.

For the ultimate NSXperience, of course, there's NSXPO. NSXPO 2000 will be held in Atlanta October 20-24. Fun to get together with over 100 NSX's in one place, and also fun to drive there in a convoy with a bunch of other NSX's, particularly if you have one of the two-way radios on the club's frequency so you can have a conversation all the way down.

More info about NSXPO 2000 on the club's website at http://www.nsxca.org Registration forms and such will be available in another month or so.

nsxtasy is right about the club members being a great group of people. Though I've only been a member since June, I have met quite a few (either through the listserv or from events). The group is surprisingly diverse, spanning all ages and interests.

For anyone who's ever dreamed about owning an NSX, there's nothing better than caravaning in a group of NSXs. It's an amazing feeling, and a sight to behold.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this NSXPO. Maybe when it returns to the West Coast.

Bad Agent, If you dont mind me asking, how much was the dealer asking for that 91 NSX you bought? If you dont feel like posting it in here feel free to email me... Just curious...thanks! -E

Hey Joe,
Again congrats on your new car, it is absolutely beautiful. As for the modifications, I'll get you a ride for sure when I get my car back to Raleigh. Your gonna love the RM nitrous.
wink.gif
I am working on a pic of the wheels for ya. We need to get a hold of guys with NSX's in our area and all get together like the previous gentlemen mentioned. There are some great guys on this list and a wealth of knowledge.

------------------
Jason

Jason-

Hey, thanks again. Can't wait to see those wheels. Definitely can't wait to see your car!! You're absolutely right about finding people in the area. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon!

Joe, If you could email me your address, I can send you those pics. Or my # is 910 452-9756. Trying to see if I need to get the car home this weekend to work out a swap. Thanks.
My apoligys to the list, I could not come up with an email.

------------------
Jason

Back