• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust question??

I have a RM/B&B exhaust and i want to remove the baffles and the fiberglass packing because i want it to be louder. but i dont want to loose any horsepower or ruin anything doing this to it. is it a good idea? or could i do a strait pipe exhaust were a strait pipe comes out of the back of the car right from the stock cats? which would be better?

thanks,

shane

Try high flow cats or test pipes and leave the exhaust alone. It will be loud.

So you are the other black one around this area I see. I would not go with a straight exhaust as this car will become way too loud. I agree on the test pipes if you want it louder or changing the exhaust to a louder/throatier one.

You won't lose anything HP wise by removing the baffles/packing. These cars do not sound good with straight pipes.

remove baffles/gut muffler report back....

I have the RM/B&B and I can't imagine why you'd want it louder. I used to set off car alarms before I got headers and it mellowed a bit. You'll just be a target for tickets. IMHO

I have the RM/B&B and I can't imagine why you'd want it louder. I used to set off car alarms before I got headers and it mellowed a bit. You'll just be a target for tickets. IMHO
my exhaust makes a a vibrating sound and im hoping that removing the baffles will get rid of the vibrating also. while making it louder.

Back