• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

experience with NASA in Midwest

Some friends were discussing possible events with NASA at local-area tracks like Putnam Park.

Does anyone have local experience with these folks? Particularly with regard to HPDE events... they seem to have a reasonable race and lapping day program.

Doug Hayashi and the folks in South Cal run with these folks a lot, for multi-marque track events.

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

There are lots of groups already running at Putnam, so it's already easy to get into track events there - everything from four BMW CCA events a year, to Todd TD's Late Apex club.

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Does anyone have local experience with these folks?
Anyone care to share any specific feedback on local-area NASA events ??

In particular:
- safety
- discipline and rule "strictness" (HPDE school vs lapping vs race rules)
- availability of track time

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Anyone care to share any specific feedback on local-area NASA events ??

There haven't been any in the local area (Midwest tracks).

My understanding based on reports about their VA group, which runs events at VIR, is that they would stack up approximately like this:

- safety
- discipline and rule "strictness" (HPDE school vs lapping vs race rules)

Their HPDE school is conducted the same way as BMW CCA, TrackTime, etc.

In terms of rule strictness, which most folks equate to safety, they are reputed to be fairly strict, not quite as strict as Windy City BMW, but similar to other BMW chapters.

- availability of track time

My understanding is that they generally offer roughly the same as BMW events, i.e. 80-100 minutes of track time per day. Obviously, nowhere near as much as CGI Motorsports events.

More about NASA here.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 27 June 2002).]

Back