• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory ACURA Nose Mask

Can anybody tell me if Acura offered a Factory Nose Mask for the 2002-2005 models?If so,what was the part #?
Thanks

Can anybody tell me if Acura offered a Factory Nose Mask for the 2002-2005 models?If so,what was the part #?
Thanks
Acura didn't, I bought one from the only place that was offering them, they started them at my request. I don't remember the firm. I still have mine somewhere, but after all the ribbing I got about my black bra, I had the front wrapped with film, much prettier.

Please don't desecrate your car with one of those masks!

Will only be on the car for runs down the Coast/ Hi Way 1 from Carmel to Big Sur and back. Currently has a clear wrap on it,but thinking it was applied in 2006 and as time goes by,will I be able to remove it without damaging the paint?

Thank you guys for your input HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

Last edited:
Acura did sell them and I have one but would never install i and it's still in the bag !

Cheers
nigel

Sent you a PM

Please don't desecrate your car with one of those masks!

While front masks may not be handsome, one that fits well and is used properly does provide great protection. Keep the nose of your car well waxed, make sure the mask is always dirt free before installing, and don't leave a wet bra on, and allow it to dry in bright sun on a hot day. I used one quite a bit on my 87 Accord back in the day. It fit the car well and didn't flap, even at high speeds. I expect a high quality padded bra would also provide better protection than a film of plastic.

If I were to get a mask for the NSX, I would probably get one from SpeedLingerie.com. They are pricey, but still cheaper than painting the front end of your car. If black is too ugly for you, they are available colour matched to your car. They also have covers for your mirrors also. If I ever take my car on a long road trip on major highways, I will have one of these before hitting the road.

Last edited:
Will only be on the car for runs down Hi Way 1 from Carmel to Big Sur and back. Currently has a clear wrap on it,but thinking it was applied in 2006 and as time goes by,will I be able to remove it without damaging the paint?

Thank you guys for your input HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

You may already have a problem removing the clear wrap. I have just seen too many PFFs where the adhesive used has a chemical reaction with the paint - the result is not nice. This is not a problem if you replace the wrap frequently due to peeling, rock chips ,etc but is if you leave it on for a long time especially if the car is out in the sun a lot. I use my bra for road trips and agree with The King that they provide protection from more than just rock chips. Mine has survived impacts from birds, tumbleweeds, and more with no damage.

Last edited:
I understand the points about the protection they provide, I just couldn't stand to look at my car with one of them on. I would rather have a clear bra and let nature take its course from there. But, more power to those who like them.

I had the factory one for my ‘96 and ended up hating it. What I didn’t know at the time is that would catch road grit and if you got caught in the rain it would leave scrapes at the two front corners. I found that out using it to drive to nsxpo 2001 and never used it again.

I had the factory one for my ‘96 and ended up hating it. What I didn’t know at the time is that would catch road grit and if you got caught in the rain it would leave scrapes at the two front corners. I found that out using it to drive to nsxpo 2001 and never used it again.

Yup, like I said you have to be vigilant about keeping it clean. I didn't use mine in wet crappy weather as a rule, especially in the winter if roads had salt or sand everywhere. Never had any marks from the mask, except once a bit of ice got trapped against the hood and made a mark. Clued in fairly quick and got the mask off, and was able to compound the mark out later. Didn't really use it much in the winter after that.

I just purchased a very clean and lovingly maintained '98 NA2 with 28k miles this weekend and drove it from Las Cruces, NM to Dallas. Long-time previous owner kept the car waxed and clean, and used the OEM bra frequently for the last 18 years. Close inspection revealed no scratches or unusual wear. The paint and finish were flawless, and the very clean/like new bra fit the car perfectly. I quickly decided to use it on my 640 mile drive. Re-inspection revealed no issues after our 10 hour (very dry) drive through west TX. My impression is that the OEM bra is a great option for dry runs on the highway, as long as the car and bra are clean, with recent wax. I'll certainly use it in the future.

Acura did sell them and I have one but would never install i and it's still in the bag !

Cheers
nigel

very interested, this was for the 02+ ? i have never seen one in Japan or in US markets. can you post a picture?

Back