• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Bumper Beam Difference 1990-2001 vs 2002-2005

What's the difference between the front bumper beam for the 1990-2001 (71130-SL0-000) vs the 2002-2005 (71130-SL0-010)?

I noticed that when people do the 2002+ conversion they don't need to change this part. Would a 1990-2001 bumper beam also work with a 2002+?

Difference in material so there is weight saving to be had if upgraded to the newer bumper beam. I believe the newer ones are made from aluminum, older ones are steel?

ATR makes cf versions for even more weight reduction, for those that care about weight. Garage kite makes an FRP version.

All front beams 1990-2005 (including the NA2 NSX-R) were made from steel except the NA1 NSX-R front beams, which were aluminum. I haven't looked, but I seem to recall that the 02-05 front beams had a slightly different shape, but that the two beams are effectively interchangeable between generations.

Last edited:
All front beams 1990-2005 were made from steel except the NSX-R front beams, which were aluminum. I haven't looked, but I seem to recall that the 02-05 front beams had a slightly different shape, but that the two beams are effectively interchangeable between generations.
ohh someone told me my 01 has aluminum beams, so i thought they all did (the newer ones) thanks for the clear up.

Thanks all I found out from Christian (ATR) that they are the same shape, but on the new 2002+ bumper beam the fog light mounts and indicator mounts are missing. It can be retro fitted though.

Thanks all I found out from Christian (ATR) that they are the same shape, but on the new 2002+ bumper beam the fog light mounts and indicator mounts are missing. It can be retro fitted though.
For info I have his front & rear CF bumper beams, they support all the proper mounts for the rear tow hook (on euro cars) and front fog lights.

Back