• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Factory stereo/head unit broken - who can repair it?

if one turns on, you might want to check the amps on your speakers and sub.

BrianK is your man for the repairs if needed.

works, then dies...

I have had similar issues w/ my OEM Bose head-unit. It works fine and then sporadically flickers on-off and then just shuts off. My driver's side speaker recently started buzzing as well. And my center-speaker has been popping for long as I can recall.

Re: works, then dies...

I have had similar issues w/ my OEM Bose head-unit. It works fine and then sporadically flickers on-off and then just shuts off. My driver's side speaker recently started buzzing as well. And my center-speaker has been popping for long as I can recall.

c'mon now, as long as you have been on here and given great advice to others I'm shocked you haven't sent yours to Briank yet.:wink:

waitin' till the ALL die, lol!

c'mon now, as long as you have been on here and given great advice to others I'm shocked you haven't sent yours to Briank yet.:wink:
Oh 92NSX/Maurice, Briank and I have done a lot of business. This time will be round-3 for the Bose speakers & subwoofer/amp! :eek:

I'm at a cross-roads at the moment... contemplating a car'puter so I can get navigation/gps while preserving the OEM head-unit and overall ergonomics. That's why I haven't addressed my snap-crackle-poppin' speakers! :D

(for that reason, and also the last time I opened my door up... I broke a few too many tabs! :p )

About 3 years ago my NSX got caught in a thunderstorm with the top down while parked. After that, the radio would only turn on now & then and not all the pre-set buttons would light. At that time, I didn't know about BrianK, and sent it to:

United Radio
5705 Enterprise Parkway
East Syracuse, NY 13057-2905
315-446-5570
www.unitedradio.com

They gave me an estimate over the phone, based on the symptoms, and fixed the radio at the quoted price ($185 plus 6% tax). Its been working fine ever since. :biggrin:

Frank
'96 NSX-T, red/tan

Back