• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair price for a 94/95....3 or 4 years from now?

I will get an NSX someday, so I need to know if getting one is realistic in the next three years or so......So do you guys think that I could get a 94 or 95 NSX (non "T")auto/sportshift prefferably (for convience, but will mod it a bit) for under 33K ?? Your thoughts are well appreciated.

I hate to say it buddy, but your name is indicative of the situation that your hoping for.... I don't belive that a 94-95 will be under 33k in 3 yrs. I believe that 91-93 will still be around this price at that time. I'm speaking of low mi/good condition cars, of course. The NSX has a 'bottom' as any exotic does; which I believe to be around 30k for a clean car. (By the way, the NSX still has not reached it's bottom yet; you can't get a clean 91 by any means around 30k yet) Bottom meaning the least the car will sell for in CLEAN condition.. The other thing to remember is when an exotic or collectible reaches it's bottom, it only stays there for a bit before it rises back up... Go for a high mile '94 in three years and you may find it, but be careful.

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 17 September 2000).]

Nsxotic - You are right, prices on '91s have on average been going up for the past year or so from what I've seen. I don't think prices on the eary cars in good condition are very different right now than they were 3 years ago.

NSXdreamer - There were no '95 "non 'T'" NSXs sold in the US.

I hope you were not using www.edmund.com for used NSX or any used car price for that matter. Their quote for NSX is about $10k below market. You probably can find a NSX (91-92) in your price range but with very high mileage and not so good condition. I was very lucky finding a 95 NSX-T (with help of this group) that has only 6k miles in like new condition and paid low $50k including shipping and inspection by an Acura dealer.

Why not buy a '91? It's basically the same car as the '94, and you can probably get one for your target price.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 18 September 2000).]

Back