• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall Post-NSXPO Drive-N-Dine!

Gotta find a reason to take out our exotics and fill up our bellies! Check your calendars to see if November 12th (Saturday) will work for you. Open to suggestions for the restaurant, and yes, we can try something else besides California rolls. Primarily a big Thank You from NSXCA for all the hard work we put in for NSXPO 2010 (Yes, they are graciously picking up the tab:biggrin:). Wives are welcome to attend! Hope we can all make it!

We're in. Hope everyone can make it!

Danny

Can we do lunch instead of dinner preceded by a daytime cruise? I have a nighttime commitment with the family..... If not, perhaps an early dinner around 5?

Be thinking about different options such as in-town vs. out-of-town drive, how much time you can commit to the activity (e.g. due to kids or work, or both!), type of restaurant/food. Then we can Email or post our choices and decide which works for all (or most?). The most conservative approach that has worked well in the past was a Cars&Coffee meet followed by lunch before or after a drive in town. Then we could choose say a drive through Lake Meade with lunch at Lake Las Vegas (as an example). If we have at least 5 hours availability and want something different, I suggest we meet briefly at C&C followed by a nice drive (includes twisties:biggrin:) to Laughlin, then across the Colorado River (via a bridge, of course) to Laughlin Ranch Grill in Bullhead City (1hr 20 mins one-way). I know other car clubs that drove to Lake Havasu first to gaze at the London Bridge, then headed back for lunch @ Laughlin Ranch, but that would be a 7 hour total excursion+dining experience. So depending on the time frame, we can plan accordingly. So whadyathink?

I'd be game for a shorter in town drive and outing. I may have to bring out the family (horde).
Looking forward to meeting more of the LV NSX community.

I'm good for either a short or long drive. Those that have posted seem to prefer the short drive scenario. If we do the short drive; how about C&C, a drive around a portion of Lake Meade, and lunch at Lowes Resort at Lake Las Vegas?

I'm also game for a drive to Death Valley with lunch at the Furnace Creek Inn, or the Laughlin/Laughlin Ranch Grill. The Lake Havasu/London Bridge/Laughlin Ranch Grill would be fun as well. :smile:

Last edited:
In keeping with a shortish drive theme, we could meet at C&C around 8:30, leave for Hoover Dam around 10, take a few pics there, then head to Lake Las Vegas for lunch at Montelago Village (choices: Italian, Mexican, Irish Pub, Black Pepper Grill, French-Californian). The Village is also sponsoring a "Brew's Best" hand-crafted beer festival from 1 to 6pm (unlimited sampling for $25, advance purchase via Brew's Best website. We could make reservations at a particular restaurant if necessary. There is a $10 (I think)fee to cut through Lake Mead Rec area enroute to Lake LV. We could park together at the covered parking structure or request VIP parking in front of the Ravella Hotel, formerly Ritz Carlton. If you don't like this plan, we can go to the nearest McDonald's drive-thru and call it a day....:wink:

Does anyone outside the McDonald's inner sanctum actually know what those are made of? :eek:

Wikipedia tells it all. I dare you to look it up!......... :biggrin: apparently available till Nov.14....

Last edited:
So...according to Virrggilll....No actually, I've been tracking the weather and it looks like rain on Saturday, especially later in the day. I want to suggest that we move our Dine and Drive to December 10. More of an all day event starting with C&C (is it still going that late in the year?), a drive out to Laughlin (never been there), lunch and hang out. Sunday 12/11 also fine. As for this weekend, let's meet for breakfast at C&C so we can catch up and discuss more about December (and look in disbelief at Shane's NSX replacement :biggrin:). Hope this works for everyone (besides, Lance is OOT this weekend).

Regards,

Danny

Oh yeah, I forgot that was track weekend:confused:. Will be at Cars&Coffee around 8:30. Who else is planning on being there?

Back