FAQ in single file?

greetings all,

i'm wondering if anyone here has a copy of the faq in a single file (.txt, word...) that can be downloaded and printed for handy, offline reference? if so, could you make it available, please?

if the forum nazi is lurking, i've searched prime, but admit my technique may be sloppy - if you know of such a thing via simple search, PUHLEEZE, point me in the right direction and i'll gladly skip the soup tonight to atone!

any/all help is appreciated. if it's not available, i may do the hand's on work myself.

hal

Now what would be the fun in viewing the FAQ offline??? It's our community that fills in the gaps of the FAQ.

btw, "please" doesn't cut it with the Forums Nazi. :D

Hi

I have other things to do than to read the FAQ online all day long :)

That is why I downloaded the FAQ and put it on my old trusty HP200LX palmtop so I could read it at work whenever I had the time. :)

It is not a single file, but works pretty good in html here with me.

You can download and save the FAQ to your harddrive in html. Some browsers (maybe all) support that. Much easier to use html than a flat doc file.

Regards

martin said:
Hi

I have other things to do than to read the FAQ online all day long :)
ditto

That is why I downloaded the FAQ and put it on my old trusty HP200LX palmtop so I could read it at work whenever I had the time. :)
small world. i, too, have and still use a 200lx on a daily basis

It is not a single file, but works pretty good in html here with me.

You can download and save the FAQ to your harddrive in html. Some browsers (maybe all) support that. Much easier to use html than a flat doc file.

Regards
thanks, martin.

be well.

NeoNSX said:
Now what would be the fun in viewing the FAQ offline???
not lookin' for fun, lookin' for expediency

It's our community that fills in the gaps of the FAQ.
indeed.

my take is that much of the info related to my '91 has likely been submitted, rinsed, argued and refined to the point of near-final conclusion. that, combined with having a hard copy that i can pick up and begin reading in, oh, 2 seconds, is much faster than waiting for one of my systems to power up and navigate my way to the subject matter i'm looking for.

sometimes the binder on the 2nd shelf wins.

btw, "please" doesn't cut it with the Forums Nazi. :D
mea culpa, busted!

queenlives said:
martin said:
small world. i, too, have and still use a 200lx on a daily basis

:biggrin:

Not many of us left.

Those who are left hangs out on the HPLX maillist here

I post on a regular basis there. I am also a beta tester for DASoft.

Come join us, or maybe you are already there?

If you want the FAQ in HPLX friendly format you are welcome. You use HV from DASoft to view it on the HPLX.

I can not remember how big it was, but let me know and I will find out and mail it to you.

Regards

martin said:
:biggrin:

Not many of us left.

Those who are left hangs out on the HPLX maillist here

I post on a regular basis there. I am also a beta tester for DASoft.

Come join us, or maybe you are already there?

If you want the FAQ in HPLX friendly format you are welcome. You use HV from DASoft to view it on the HPLX.

I can not remember how big it was, but let me know and I will find out and mail it to you.

Regards

hi martin,

thanks for the invite, but i'm not a power user... i'm a sentimental fool who still appreciates the brick :) i've got a treo and to tell you the truth, i still really like the basic math functions/form of the lx for my day to day number crunching.

be well.
hal
(who may return to oslo in may for a week or two and wishes he had his nsx with him for a ride in the mtns ;)

queenlives said:
hi martin,

thanks for the invite, but i'm not a power user... i'm a sentimental fool who still appreciates the brick :) i've got a treo and to tell you the truth, i still really like the basic math functions/form of the lx for my day to day number crunching.

be well.
hal
(who may return to oslo in may for a week or two and wishes he had his nsx with him for a ride in the mtns ;)

Hi

Sentimental fool. Well you are not alone :smile:

The separate number pad on the HPLX is the best. I love it. I seldom use the ability of the calculator thoug, but I use it for "everything" including mails throug a networkcard, irda/gprs with a cellphone.

I guess this is pretty trivial compared to todays devices. But for those that do not know the HPLX I got it is only a couple of years younger than my NSX :smile:

Let me know when you are in Oslo, I am from time to time there.

Regards

Back