• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FAQ

This is arguably the best NSX site on the planet. But I'd love to have a way to get to recent postings in the FAQ so I don't have to sift through the whole section to get updates. Is this feasible?

That is the most requested feature which I have not found an easy way to implement yet. If anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it. I'm not a professional web guy so I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I don't know.

Lud,

I am not a real web wizard either, but I was thinking if the new postings you add could simply be in a different color for the first month of the update. Again, I do not know is this is a simple task or not. Or maybe they can be bold or italic.

Food for thought. As you know, I agree the site is awesome. I have only owned my NSX since July/99 and this site has "shown me the way" technically countless times.

That would be easy if I were maintaining the Table of Contents manually, but the TOC is automatically generated by FrontPage. I need something that will automatically indicate updated pages... during a given month I may update 50-100 pages in some way and I just don't have time to maintain a seperate list by hand.

Lud,

I can certainly appreciate that. Maybe your change away from FrontPage may help. I will ask my software development staff if they have any tricks for this.

LB

Lud,

First of all, This is the best NSX site on the planet!

I'm a web developer (and NSX owner). Can you tell me if your ISP/server supports ASP? If it does, I could write a simple ASP script that would traverse the web tree and compile a list of pages recently modified, then display the results page. It could automatically be updated on a daily basis. So you would not have to manually update the list.

If not, this task could still be accomplished using other server-side (CGI) applications. I noticed these forums use a CGI script. As long as you have access to your site's cgi-bin, a script can probably be written to generate the list of recently-updated pages.

Anyway, just let me know if ASP/custom CGI (Perl, PHP, etc) is available. I'll be glad to help in anyway that I can.

Ojas
www.ojas.net/nsx/my.html

Lud,

How about flipping the order of the posted messages, so the most recent comes up first.

Neil

I can easily change the order messages in a thread are displayed... it's just a setting in the software. I can set it whichever way the majority of people prefer.

How about a quick poll? Would you folks prefer messages in a thread (like the screen you are reading now) displayed:

A. Oldest-to-newest (the way it is now)
B: Newest-to-oldest

Let me know!

I don't know of a way to flag new entries.

But on the main screen there is a link on the top left to read all messages changed that day.

Since it can track your last logon date via cookies I wouldn't be surprised to see a "read all new messages" feature added to the software before long.

Back