• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feeler OEM Style Side Skirts with Vent

Not feeling it, thats just me, however I am sure there will be more interested in it. I like HongNSX's Side skirts

You mean like what's on the Blue NSXR replica build thread? If so I'm in. How is this going to work? Are you sourcing the OEM 02+ skirts and door caps, or do we have to provide our own skirts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback thus far everyone.

We expect the quality to be very good and the parts to be extremely sturdy.

The items will be not an exchange program but it'll be a normal item for sale. You get both sides and a total of 4 pieces shipped. We'll be taking a set of OEM side skirts, putting a vent inside, and making a mould. We're going after what the Blue Nsx-R build thread did but offering it to the public.

The main difference between these and stacy's I believe will be better out of the box fit and finish, flush mounted, and they will hang at the OEM height level which sometimes is a concern.

Thanks for the feedback thus far everyone.

We expect the quality to be very good and the parts to be extremely sturdy.

The items will be not an exchange program but it'll be a normal item for sale. You get both sides and a total of 4 pieces shipped. We'll be taking a set of OEM side skirts, putting a vent inside, and making a mould. We're going after what the Blue Nsx-R build thread did but offering it to the public.

The main difference between these and stacy's I believe will be better out of the box fit and finish, flush mounted, and they will hang at the OEM height level which sometimes is a concern.

Count me in especially if you can come in close to that $1,000 target price. I bought OEM 02+ skirts and caps and I'm very surprised at that $1K target. Good luck and I hope this happens.

I just want to clarify as well these will be made of fiberglass. We're moulding off of OEM side skirts for fitment, but the final structure will be composed of fiberglass.

With who I'm working with we COULD do carbon fiber but that would be pointless since it'll be hidden by paint.

I am out if it is made of Fiberglas. I rather pay more and have the vent made from oem 02+ skirt.

I just want to clarify as well these will be made of fiberglass. We're moulding off of OEM side skirts for fitment, but the final structure will be composed of fiberglass.

With who I'm working with we COULD do carbon fiber but that would be pointless since it'll be hidden by paint.

Hmmm, less enthusiastic about it now but still interested. Just have to wait and confirm fit and finish first. If it fits near OEM and much better than DF Stacy's I may still be in.

The one thing I will say is if these replica vented OEM skirts come with the same bottom like on the OEM skirts that slide into the groove on the chassis rail, then I'm liking it a bit more again.

The one thing I will say is if these replica vented OEM skirts come with the same bottom like on the OEM skirts that slide into the groove on the chassis rail, then I'm liking it a bit more again.

So the DF 02skirts don't do this? I thought they were a direct replica of the 02 skirts.

Thumbs up to the OP for helping the nsx community.

Love the look of the blue nsxr oem 02 skirts with the vent.

Kiind of interested depending on the final fit, finish , and if it attaches the same way as the OEM piece does.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

I have no idea how the downforce 02 reps attach so I can't comment. But we'll be trying to keep the gaps tight to the body since that's how the oem fitment was and we're trying to make a simple you buy it and just pay for paint kind of item with zero body work. Every item will be test fitted before shipment.

Is it possible to do these in ABS plastic? As some aftermarket lips/kits etc are made in, instead of fiberglass?

I think the closer you come to OEM..in terms of quality of material used and fitment..the more I would be interested...even if the cost is a little higher.

To produce a part in abs plastic utilizing high pressure dye castings etc or sourcing through a manufacturer would not be cost affective in a lower amount of product production, thus increasing the costs high. A majority of what has been observed on prime is everyone wanting high quality at a very resonable price ensuring fitment is spot on. Although I agree with the use of plastic over FRP. Our market in aftermarket is already small. Proposing additional products to the scene providing options is a great thing.

My car is pretty low, so I am afraid the fiberglass sideskirts will scrap the grounds over bumps and crack, hence I prefer the 02+ oem sideskirts.

Back