• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Finally got my WORKs after 3 months! TM-1s

Finally got my Work Termist TM-1s today. I've been waiting since January and they were finally delievered today! Can't wait to get them mounted and balanced and on the car. Tell me what you think! Details are:

Front: 18x8 +35 offset with ~1.6" lip (R Disk)
Rear: 19x10 +30 offset with ~3.4" lip (O Disk)

Tires I ordered were Falken 451s with 215/35/18 and 275/30/19. Fingers are crossed hoping they won't rub too bad, or even not at all.

Big ups to PF Chang for his hookup! Couldn't have done it without you man!

Work1.jpg

Work2.jpg

Work3.jpg

Updated!! Wheels on the car:
Stock.jpg

Photoshop helped me lower it. :smile: It should be lowered by this weekend in real life!
Lowered.jpg

I used the driveway to lower it in these pictures :biggrin:
Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

Last edited:
Hapa88 said:

Tires I ordered were Falken 451s with 215/35/18 and 275/30/19. Fingers are crossed hoping they won't rub too bad, or even not at all.

Wheels look good
yeah.gif

I pretty much have the exact same setup in wheel size and tire size, but my offset is around 40/38. The thing I noticed on the Falken 451's, from my post here, is that the 451's are a much more narrow tire as compared to other tire brands with the same size. When I took my wheels off the other day to change my brakes, I was looking at the tires and the rear especially looks like the tires are stretched out a lot and I still have some room on my rim for an even wider tire. Almost looks like a 295 width 451 tire would fit perfectly onto my 19x10 rim. I've seen another NSX owner with the same Roja wheels I have and he has the Potenza S0-3 tires, same size as mine, and they looked wider on his rims and not 'stretched out' like my 451's do. Other than that, I love the 451 tires in both wet and dry roads for my daily driven NSX, much better compared the Yoko ES100's I used to have. Only rubbing issues I have is when I almost put my steering wheel to full lock when making a tight turn with some speed (fast U-turn, turning into a parking spot very fast) but if I slow it down some and play with the steering, it won't rub. That's only the front..... no problems in the rear, and the car is lowered on Eibach springs. However, I don't know how much your car is lowered, if any, and your offsets are different from mine so I can't say if you'll have any rubbing issues or not.

RP-Motorsports said:
a +30mm rear and 275 tires? Do you have groupe M or erebuni fenders? Or a wide body? If not, you may have some issues.

For proper look with 275 tires, you usually run a +43mm, which means yours will stick out 13mm (about 1/2")

Other than that, they look killer.

Its a Stock 1991. I'm just going by PoohBears car. He told me he was running a 19x10 with a +35 offset. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like pushing them out just 5 more millimeters shouldn't hurt. Guess we'll find out in a few days. :biggrin:

6289Picture_0591-med.jpg

6289Picture_063-med.jpg

Hapa88 said:
Its a Stock 1991. I'm just going by PoohBears car. He told me he was running a 19x10 with a +35 offset. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like pushing them out just 5 more millimeters shouldn't hurt. Guess we'll find out in a few days. :biggrin:

[/IMG]
19x10 with a 30mm offset? I think it is going to be problematic.
Steve

Hey bud, glad to see you finally got your wheels. No more stock look for you! Haha. We still gotta get that top painted though. :tongue: Good luck with the fitment stuff.

When are you putting these wheels on? I am close to ordering the same set (but 17/18 combo and a 7.5 in the front) and want to know how your rear offsets work with a 275 tire.

Awesome looking wheels! Can't wait to see them on the car. I'm waiting for my Work VS-KF's and should have them in the next 4 weeks.

SPA_S2000 said:
When are you putting these wheels on? I am close to ordering the same set (but 17/18 combo and a 7.5 in the front) and want to know how your rear offsets work with a 275 tire.

I hope to have them on by this weekend, if the tires come in. I'll call today and check.

What tire width is Calvin running? I would think that a 265 is perfect for a +35mm, but a 275 will be out too far, and a +30mm even worse.

Remember, you need to shop offsets by what tire width you plan on using. Any help with offset questions, you can always email me.
[email protected]

Stay tuned, we are currently stuffing a 315 tire in the rear of a customers car! :eek: :biggrin:

RP-Motorsports said:
I would think that a 265 is perfect for a +35mm, but a 275 will be out too far, and a +30mm even worse.

He mentioned that he's going to run the Falken 451 tires. If that's the case, then the 275 tires will look more like 265 tires on the 19x10 wheels, like mine do. So that may actually help out some with any rubbing issues.

Got the wheels on! See above! Looks like the wheel sticks out just a tad, but I noticed that the wheel tucks inward as the car gets lower. . we'll find out if she rubs when I get the Eibachs and/or Bilsteins put on.

I'm thinking problems too when you go through a rut & bottom the suspension on the rear.
My Works Equips are 19 x 10 @ 45mm with a 275 tire.

wheels look really nice can you take a pic of the rear corner to show if the rears align with the fender when you lower that might be the offset I will use.

LOWBLUE320 said:
wheels look really nice can you take a pic of the rear corner to show if the rears align with the fender when you lower that might be the offset I will use.

Thanks! I just had it lowered on Saturday morning and drove the car about 300 miles this weekend and there is NO RUBBING! With the lowering the wheel lines up perfectly with fender. When it was higher, the wheel actually stuck out a bit. I think because of the geometry of the suspension, the wheel actually cambers inward as it goes up in travel.

Still need to get an alignment, so I'm not quite in the clear yet, but so far everything fitting great!

hapa88 that sound great post some pics and also if you can post a shot that I really wanted to see so the rear angle to see how aggressive that rear looks.

thanks andy,

LOWBLUE320 said:
hapa88 that sound great post some pics and also if you can post a shot that I really wanted to see so the rear angle to see how aggressive that rear looks.

thanks andy,

Sorry for the poor quality shots, but you can get the idea. The wheel actually cambers in as it travels up, so theres no rubbing problems that I've experienced so far. :smile:
IMG_1877_800.jpg

IMG_1866_800.jpg

IMG_1874_800.jpg

Last edited:
Hapa88 said:
Finally got my Work Termist TM-1s today. I've been waiting since January and they were finally delievered today! Can't wait to get them mounted and balanced and on the car. Tell me what you think! Details are:

Big ups to PF Chang for his hookup! Couldn't have done it without you man!

Updated!! Wheels on the car:
Stock.jpg

Photoshop helped me lower it. :smile: It should be lowered by this weekend in real life!
Lowered.jpg

I'm looking into purchasing a set of Work TM-1s, but I would like to see what they look like on a GPW NSX. Do you think you could photoshop your car and turn it into a GPW with TM-1s? If you could, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks! That made my decision a lot easier. Those rims are sweet on any color car!. :biggrin: I wonder how long I have to wait for a set of those.

Looking good....now I am going to have to get mine powder coated red :D Calvin is running 275 rear and 215 front @ 35:tongue: No rubbing what so ever..just perfect for me. :cool:

RP-Motorsports said:
What tire width is Calvin running? I would think that a 265 is perfect for a +35mm, but a 275 will be out too far, and a +30mm even worse.

Remember, you need to shop offsets by what tire width you plan on using. Any help with offset questions, you can always email me.
[email protected]

Stay tuned, we are currently stuffing a 315 tire in the rear of a customers car! :eek: :biggrin:

Back